Chapter Nine

Thank you for making this awesome banner for me Katrina. You didn't leave your username, but thank you anyway!

If you would like to send in your banner submission for a special mention, my email is open! Midika36@gmail.com

Word Count: 1808

~Dawn

For the first time in a long time, I was stunned speechless.

Kaden and Kace left as swiftly as they had come, leaving Lucy and I confused beyond belief. His words of warning took a few moments to fully develop in my mind, as I sink down to sit on the log. He wants me dead. Either that, or he wants me locked away forever in his Pack filled with sickening murderers.

Real murderers.

"I don't think we have a choice," I hear Lucy say from behind me. I hate that I had trusted Kace. It had been a detailed game for Kaden since that night two weeks ago.

What has he been doing since? Hanging around the Purity Pack watching me, or terrorizing the innocent members of this Pack.

"We aren't going," I growl, knowing what my sister wants.

It wouldn't be giving Rylan the satisfaction, he doesn't care about that. It would be surrendering, and as much as that seems tempting, it's not like me. If I were to walk into Rylan's territory, it wouldn't be for him. If I were to do so, I would be adamant on not being converted, nor tamed down into a 'perfect' Luna.

I wouldn't be tempted by him...

"How else are we going to have any chance to get away from Kaden?" Lucy questions, moving to sit beside me. "He's the Alpha of Vengeance. Even if you weren't sick, we wouldn't be able to get away from him in a day."

Sighing, I run my hands back through my hair. It's the only real way I can keep it somewhat manageable. It flies around in my face otherwise...Look at me trying to avoid the situation.

"You know that's what Kaden wants right? For us to go flocking to Rylan."

Shaking her head, Lucy is on her feet again. When she gets flustered in an argument, she can't keep still. The poor girl can't stop her hands trembling, as she tries to win me over. Her change of tact surprises me, but I know she is afraid. Who wouldn't be afraid of the Alpha of Vengeance? I know I am. But Rylan isn't her mate; she doesn't know what he is like.

"He wants you dead."

"It doesn't matter what he wants. Even if I do get caught, it's the Discipline Pack jury that decides."

She growls. "And what makes you think they would listen to a Desire Pack member? How do you know Kaden wouldn't coerce them into sending you to his Pack, where some might say you belong?"

"Don't know you know what Rylan will do? He's been killing people just to find me, Lucy. Something clicked in his head that no ten year old should ever have to deal with."

Lucy crosses her arms over her chest in defiance. I probably shouldn't have mentioned her age. "You know I'm eleven soon, right?"

I stand also, grabbing her shoulders. She looks too mature, as the shadows of the increasing night wrap around her shoulders, inching up to her face. There is so much life there that I refuse to let go to waste. She is too special to me, and as much as our parents hated that about her, I don't.

"I don't want Rylan to change you," I say hoarsely. Thinking about my sister being affected hurts me deep inside.

"He won't...Please."