Chapter 38: A Final Meeting

Start from the beginning

"Wow... do we need so many?" she asked, wondering what the people of New York would think if they were suddenly faced with thousands of dragons approaching their city.

"We don't have nearly enough," replied the void drake grimly, "Eldawin has also been calling in his dragons it seems. All around the world the dragons from A.O.D.H have began converging upon the city. It seems he is preparing for the final moment as well. If our numbers are correct, then he has over forty thousand of the dragons under the city at this moment, hidden away in the base we have yet to find. That number is increasing."

Silver let out a startled gasp.

"Yes. The good thing I guess is the fact that the humans in New York and the surrounding area have abandoned the place. So we don't have to worry about killing any more innocents."

"I... I guess. But... forty thousand?"

Retrix smiled slightly, "We have a plan as well. Most of those dragons are controlled by Eldawin, so we only need to break that control to free them. Simple as that. Mind breakers and lighting dragons will be our greatest advantage. Oh... and you."

She smiled slightly at that, "Yeah... I guess."

"Anyway, Iraliene will explain everything."

The two of them circled down to the lake where Iraliene was busy talking to a small group of dragons down below. The valley had become far more crowded now, and the banks were covered in the reptilian creatures of all different species. It was slightly difficult to find a spot to land without running into someone. Humans were also ambling about, lounging about on a rock, cleaning different weapons or even having target practice.

Silver and Retrix made their way toward the large life dragoness. She instantly spotted them. With a quickly word with the dragons she had been talking to they were dismissed and she turned her attention on the silver dragon.

"Silver! I'm glad to see you are awake and well," she began.

Silver smiled and nodded her head.

"Now, I don't have much time available, so I want to make this as brief as possible. Tomorrow we attack, and I'm glad you are awake now and not then. Eldawin has nearly finished his machine, and I doubt we will be able to stop that from happening, so instead our mission will be stopping that machine from going off, or making it go off in a safe environment where it won't harm anything."

The metal dragon tilted her head in confusion at that last sentence.

"Eldawin is going to need a fair amount of time to charge up that machine. It requires the power of about fifty thousand dragons to actually achieve what he is aiming for. So, even if he gets halfway there and we stop it, then the machine won't be able to wipe out the entire human race."

"Just... most of it?"

Iraliene smile slightly, "Not if we can help it. Retrix and you are going to be leading a team of dragons into the battle. Your aim will be to disable the machine, destroy it with your mind if you can. But I feel as though Eldawin has a failsafe against that. So, if that plan doesn't work you, Silver, are going to distract him. Now, this sounds strange, but I want you to force the mind dragon into equilibrium."

"What?" Silver frowned.

"Yes. While incredibly dangerous in equilibrium, Eldawin will loose his ability to inflict damage to our minds while in that state. Strange I know, but it's true. He does gain the ability to control the very area around us though, so you are going to be trying to focus his attention as much as possible."

"Oh... okay," she said.

"While you are doing that, Retrix here will be dealing with the machine. He will take it into the void, removing it from this area, and taking it up as far as he can go, probably somewhere in space, and leave it there to detonate it on its own. He should be able to take it far enough out that earth won't be affected at all."