Catherine snuggled against his chest and raised a hand to show him her engagement/promise ring. C.I.P. "Oh, please, you already made me a Potter ever since my birthday last year."

     James chuckled, entwining their fingers as the two began to walk inside the house to get ready. Catherine was glad that she could hold James's hand anytime she wants to without having to feel paranoid of teleporting randomly. "But I get to call you my wife now. James Potter's little wife."

     Catherine slapped his arm and tried to stand tall. "I'm not little."

     He smirked, ruffling her hair. "You're right. I'm sorry, I meant fun-sized."

     Catherine made a move to hit him but he was quicker and ducked.

James laughed at Catherine's pouty face, reaching over to pinch her cheeks and peck her lips. "So cute. Like a little puff pastry." He nodded his head at the direction of the stairs. "Go change and apparate to the chapel. I'll go after showering since Padfoot has my suit."

     Catherine nodded and made her way up the stairs, throwing him a smirk. "Bet you'll look hot in a tux."

     James snorted proudly. "Please, I look hot in anything."

««•»»

     "By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife."

     Without further ado, James leaned forward and wrapped an arm around her waist as he dipped his head to capture her lips in his.

     The priest cleared his throat as the audience cheered loudly. "You may — uh — continue kissing your bride."

     Catherine smiled into the kiss, bringing her arms around his neck as he lifted her up and kissed her soundly. The Valentine family raised their wands as golden sparks shot out in celebration.

     James broke the kiss, his hands on her waist as he pressed his forehead against hers. "Mrs. Potter," he whispered to her.

     She smiled. "Say it again."

     "Mrs. Potter."

"Oi, Cat Queen, Prongs, take your picture," Sirius, James's best man, interrupted the newlyweds.

Catherine laughed as she waved Lily, her maid of honour, over for the four them to have a picture. The Marauders and Catherine's friends joined in as well on the next one. There was one with James's family, one with Catherine's family, and there was one where Catherine was being carried by the three Marauders. She didn't want to invite Peter because she was still uneasy about him, but James insisted on sending out the invitation to the fourth Marauder. Catherine was glad Peter couldn't make it because of important business.

     After all the pictures were taken, everyone was ushered into the reception area. Catherine and James wanted to have it simple, several large tents huddled together at the centre of a clearing near the Potter Manor. The moon was enormous tonight as the newlyweds and the guests dined and wined.

     Then, it was time for James and Catherine's first dance as a married couple.

     The guests clapped loudly as James stood up and offered his hand to Catherine. He sent her a wink, smirking as Catherine slipped her hand in his. She got to her feet as he guided her to the makeshift dance floor at the middle of all the guests. James wanted to be in charge of the song, he wouldn't tell Catherine what he had chosen and she was extremely curious at the moment.