8 : Here's to Never Growing Up

Meet you at the spot, half past ten o'clock
We don't ever stop, and we're never gonna change

8 : Here's to Never Growing Up (edited)

     As soon as it was midnight, Catherine threw the covers off of her. She was clad in a black sweater and her black jeans as she quietly tiptoed out of bed, careful not to disturb her sleeping friends. She tucked her wand in her back pocket and slipped out of her dorm, quietly padding to where the boys' dorms were and silently creeped in Fabian and Gideon's room. Entering, she saw the identical twins fast asleep under their blankets.

     She went to Fabian's side, gently shaking him. He moaned, peeping one eye open at her. "Cathy," he mumbled sleepily, sitting up in bed as he yawned.

     "Hi," she breathed out, "sorry to wake you, but what's the Slytherin password?"

     Fabian blinked at her before slowly processing her words. He murmured incoherently under his breath before slipping out of bed and to his drawers. He pulled one compartment out and rummaged through some papers before shutting it back close. He walked back to Catherine and whispered, "Muggles are losers."

     She snorted. "Merlin, that is a terrible password."

     Fabian yawned again, getting back under his covers and flipping his pillow to the other side. "Malfoy comes up with them, why don't you hex him while you're at it?"

     Catherine just giggled and gently ruffled his messy hair and Gideon's as well on her way out of their room. Quietly shutting the door behind her, she stepped to the direction of the Marauders' room, only to slam right into something. Catherine squawked, falling backwards just as a hand latched onto her wrist. She looked around, nothing but blank space in front of her yet she was certain a warm hand was gripping her wrist.

     A shimmer appeared in the air in front of her as a head full of curly black hair came into sight. She blinked. "Siri?"

     Sirius grinned mischievously at her, holding the invisibility cloak up in one hand. "'Ello, Cat. Tell me, do you normally drop by the boys' dormitories at night?"

     She rolled her eyes, shushing him. "What are you doing here?"

     "Just shut up and get in," Sirius muttered in a hushed voice, pulling her flushed against him as he smirked down at her reddening face. He threw the cloak around the both of them, slipping his arm around Catherine's waist to bring her closer to him.

     "Is this really necessary, Paddy?"

     Sirius shushed her in return, mocking what she had done to him earlier. "Have you got the dung bombs?"

     "Yeah," she replied, reaching over to tap the small bag she owned that had an extendable charm. As the two walked, Catherine mumbled, "Hey, Siri?"

     "Yes?"

     A small smile tugged up her lips as she whispered, "Thank you."

     Sirius stopped walking, making Catherine slow down as well to a stand beside him. He was watching her with a peculiar expression. "What are you thanking me for?"

     She shrugged. "I don't know — I guess for insisting to be my friend. You know, if it weren't for you I wouldn't have been close with the Marauders." She hesitated a bit before adding, "It's nice to have more friends."