Chapter 4

Gerard's attention had been taken away from the cartoon playing on the tv when the doorbell rang. He grabbed his phone and ran to the door to open it. He knew it was Frank.

"Hey Frankie!" Gee exclaimed as he opened the door.

"Hey beautiful, you look gorgeous," Frank said, making Gerard blush.

"Bye Mikey!" Gerard yelled into the house before closing the door.

Frank took Gerard's hand and walked him to his car, opening the door for Gerard and helping him his seat belt. When Gerard was all settled in, Frank got into the driver's seat and started to drive to the movie theatre.

"Frankie, what movie are we going to see?" Gee asked, grabbing Frank's free hand as he drove.

"I don't know sweetheart, I didn't even look to see what movies were playing. Is there something you want to see?" Frank asked.

"Can we see a scary movie?" Gee asked shyly.

Usually, Gerard never watched scary movies. He's always wanted to, but was too scared to even try watching one. But Frank made him feel safe, so he figured why not!

"Of course baby! Scary movies are my favorite!" Frank exclaimed, happy Gerard didn't pick out some stupid chick flick.

Frank would be totally fine watching cartoons and princess movies with Gerard. He actually totally thought that's what Gerard was going to pick. But Frank could not stand cheesy chick flicks like the notebook. Ugh, they were horrible!

"I might get a little scared though," Gee mumbled, looking down.

"Hey, it's okay! I'll protect you from everything," Frank said, squeezing Gerards hand slightly.

Gerard smiled happily.

They soon pulled into the parking lot of the theatre. It wasn't very crowded considering how early in the day it still was. It was only 3 p.m. Frank parked the car and they both got out, Frank taking Gerards hand in his as they walked toward the door of the movie theatre. They walked in and walked over to a screen where it says what movies were playing.

"The Poltergeist is the only scary movie playing, you wanna see that sunshine?" Frank asked Gerard. Gerard smiled and nodded in response.

Frank bought two tickets along with a tub of popcorn and two sodas.

"Thank you Frankie!" Gee exclaimed, kissing Frank's cheek as they sat down in the theatre.

"No problem, sugarplum,"Frank said, smiling back at Gerard.

The movie started shortly after, Gerard clinging to Frank, scared out of his mind. Frank made him feel safe though. A scary demon possessed a little girl and started snapping everyone's necks. Gerard let out a small squeal, shaking and hugging Frank. Frank wrapped his arms around Gee, running his fingers though Gee's hair soothingly.

"Sh, Gee it's okay, I've got you, and I won't let anyone hurt you," Frank whispered sweetly into Gerards ear.

They finished the rest of the movie and walked out of the theatre, hand in hand, back to Frank's car.

"So, what'd you think of the movie?" Frank asked, opening the passenger door door Gee.

"Think I might have nightmares tonight,"Gee said quietly, looking down at the car floor.

"Awh Gee, you don't need to have nightmares. Why don't you come sleep with me at my apartment? It'll be a fun little sleepover, yeah?"Frank asked.

The biggest smile spread across Gerards face.

"Oh my gosh, yes!" Gee exclaimed excitedly, kissing Frank's cheek. Frank chuckled.

"Why don't we go get some ice cream before we go back to my place, yea?" Frank asked. Again, the big smile came to Gerards face and he nodded his head frantically.

Frank turned the car on and started driving in the direction of the ice cream parlor.