Chapter 1

"Do we have to coach?" I plead with her in her office.

"Yes we have too Lilac it's not the end of the world, they are just boys" she says trying to calm me down.

"But coach they are not just boys it's baseball, the most annoying boys on planet earth" I cross my arms getting a little mad.

Coach just shrugs "deal with it lilac" I sigh and walk away feeling even more annoyed.

Later that day when we were getting on the bus, I was one of the last ones on and there were no more seats left on softballs side. I walk down the aisle of the bus and sit in the empty seat on baseballs side as I sit down a baseball player sits next to me.

I looked at him a minute, he had blonde hair, blue eyes and he was fairly tall. "Hey" he says smiling at me "my names jay what's yours?"

"I'm lilac nice to meet you jay" for some reason I feel my face heating up and butterflies in my stomach. I take a deep breath and calm down. I pull out my phone, put my earbuds in and blast my music leaning my head against the window.

When we get to the school Jay lets me out I grab my bag and get off the bus as fast as I can. Once I'm off the softball team groups together and we walk to the field. Once we get there we sit on the first base side grab our gloves and warm up.

One of my teammates asks me, "hey lilac, who was that guy on the bus?" She smirks.

"No one Bela just drop it" I snap at her. She backs off a bit before sitting on the bench staying quiet. I lean my back against the fence closing my eyes a little.

Once everyone was done warming up my team was up to bat first. I was lead off. As I walked up to the plate I stare down the pitcher, I twirl my bat, and walk into the batters box. I wait for it to get to the right position and I hit it over the fence and run all four bases as my team cheers me on.

My team ends up hitting the 5 run limit and we go out into the field. I play first base. As the first batter walks up she hits the first pitch as a line drive to our third baseman Jessie she catches it and we all cheer. "Nice one Jessie!" I yell.

She smiles and the next batter walks up. Our pitcher ally strikes her out. And the batter after her.

Once we get into the last inning our job was to hold them where they were. The score was 9-8 and we had 2 outs. My coach switched me and Jessie so I'm playing at third. I get a fast grounder that I scoop up and I beam it to Jessie at first who catches it with ease. It made a large smack noise when it hit her glove. Everyone runs over and tackles me. We all laugh and line up to shake hands with the other team.

We pack our stuff up and head back to the bus. I sit next to jay again and we talk the whole way back to school.

---------------------

I just want to take the time to thank everyone for reading this chapter. I have a good feeling for this book. Don't forget to put feedback in the comments. Love ya...

-olive v