53. Seeing Double

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Uy, ang cute kaya, napaka-unique," Dei said, pinching his arm. "Ikaw, mamimili na lang ng term of endearment natin yung napaka-common pa."

"Hey, I sent you a full list before pero babe din ang pinili mo," Jay countered. "I knew I should've called you pussycat."

"Tapos? Ano dapat tawag ko sayo?"

Jay leaned in and whispered something to Dei's ear and Dei's eyes widened. She blushed at once and slapped Jay's arm with her palm.

Maine glanced at Richard. "So may pinagmanahan ka ng kaharutan noh?" she murmured.

He chuckled. "It runs in the family," he whispered back.

"Teena haf Panda too," Athena suddenly said, looking at them.

"Ano daw?" Maine asked Richard.

"Tanungin mo," he answered.

"What is it, baby?" Maine asked her gently as Dei and Jay looked on.

"Yow Panda, Teena haf Panda too. Is in caw," Athena said again, looking at her with her bright eyes.

Dei giggled at Maine's confused expression. "Sabi nia, 'You're Panda, Athena has a Panda too. It's in the car'."

"Ahhh... ehe. Akala ko sinasabi niyang half Panda din sya."

"Parang ikaw?" Richard teased.

"Woi Marshmallow ha, wag mong simulan."

"So bakit Marshmallow? I'm curious," Jay asked, grinning.

"Yung ano nia kasi yung mpp---" her words were muffled as Richard clamped his hand on her mouth.

"Ano, favorite niya kasi yung Marshmallow," Richard said, while Maine struggled to get his hand off her face.

"That's not what she was about to say," Jay said with a smirk.

"Sige na kasi, Mallows. Cute naman eh," Maine said, laughing, when she was finally able to pull Richard's hand away.

"Subukan mo, mamaya ka sakin," he warned.

"Yungpisnginiakasiparangmarshmallow!" she said quickly before Richard could cover her mouth again.

"Babe, they're so cute," Dei said, laughing.

+++++

Their dinner turned out to be a nice and comfortable one once they'd gotten past the awkwardness. They had initially planned on booking a hotel, but the couple offered the guest room of their house instead. Dei said that that would be a better option since Richard would be very busy during the day and Maine might end up getting bored, all alone in the hotel room.

They both agreed, and they all drove to Dei and Jay's house right after dinner.

"Usually dinadala namin si Athena sa bahay nila mommy sa North Bellmore but this time, since you're here, we'll ask mom na lang to come over para may kasama si Maine dito. Mom is so excited to see you both," Jay told them as they walked into the house. "Nasa taas lahat ng rooms. The guest room is right beside ours tapos sa kabila naman yung nursery where Athena stays."

"She sleeps alone?" Maine asked.

"Yup, sanay sya," Dei answered. "She has a small cot she sleeps on and it's surrounded by her toys."

"Aww, you're such a brave girl, baby," Maine told Athena. The little girl was still clutching her hand. She couldn't seem to let go of her since they met at the restaurant.