Reason Eight

Not everyone accepts you for who you are; for you having anxiety and needing comforting, your nose being a little crooked, your smile that's not the straightest nor the whitest. When you have an off day, like the one I told you about a couple of reasons ago, they may just wave off your problems and go on with their day. They won't accept that you're imperfect.

Remember last year when I was dating Zac Efron? Honestly, just, why? 

He never accepted any of these things; he would make little comments about my appearance, how I had done my makeup that day or how I was dressed. It was a very toxic relationship, if you couldn't tell. And now Zac Efron is very much exposed.

Oops.

Let's take this back to Brendon.

Reason eight: he's accepting.

Brendon has accepted all of my flaws. He's help me through anxiety attacks, he assured me I looked good that day. He has never said anything negative to, or about, me.  

Once you get out of a toxic relationship, it takes you a while to finally get back to how you use to be. Brendon also accepted that it would take me a while to get back to normal and he was there with me every step of the way.

"Morning, Liv!" Dallon yelled as I stepped into the main part of the bus.

I smiled over at him and nodded, walking over to the Keurig I had asked for them to add. I grabbed my favorite Jack Skellington mug and placed it under the machine, looking through the choices of coffee packs we had.

"No need to make anything," I heard Brendon say, causing me to turn towards him. He had a tray of coffees from Starbucks, causing me to smile at him, "I got your favorite."

"I wouldn't expect anything less." I chuckled, taking it from him as he handed it to me, "Thank you, Bren."

"It's no problem at all," he stated, "You know I would do anything for you." he smiled as he handed the rest of the guys their drinks, the guys shooting looks between us, "What do you wanna do today?" Brendon asked me, turning back towards me.

"Is it our day off?" I asked, ignoring the looks and taking a seat beside the window.

"It sure is," Brendon nodded, sitting in front of me, "Anything you wanna do?"

"What about us?" Dallon asked, motioning between him and the rest of the guys.

"I just got out of a shitty relationship. I think I get to pick something." I stated, raising an eyebrow at them and taking a small sip of the iced coffee.

"Exactly," Brendon nodded, "Fucking tell them, Liv."

I laughed and placed my phone on the table, "Alright, let me look up things to do around here."

-*-

"Maybe I shouldn't wear this," I said, staring in the full length mirror, "I mean, my stomach is just hanging out, my thighs-"

"Olivia." Brendon said, causing me to turn towards him. He only uses my full name when he's completely serious or goofing around, "You look perfect. Don't let those thoughts that asshole put into your head win. You're nothing he said you were."

I let out a shaky breath and nodded at him, "Okay."

He smiled softly at me and opened his arms, causing me to instantly fall into his chest, "I'm personally glad he's out of the picture now. I just kept watching your happiness and self confidence continue to fall. It was hard, honestly." he said, pulling away so he could look down at me, "Hard seeing someone you're such a big fan of to just break right in front of your eyes."

"Stop," I laughed quietly, tears pooling in my eyes, "You're going to make me cry before the concert starts. I don't want to redo my makeup."

He just smiled down at me before hugging me once more, "I'm just being honest. I have to head backstage for a bit. Don't you dare change that outfit."

"I won't." I promised, watching him walk out of the door.

And I didn't, obviously. After that day, I knew that I was going to be okay, all thanks to Brendon.

All thanks for him accepting that I wasn't in the right mindset and helping me through it.

Brendon, thank you for being so accepting of me and my imperfections. I've never had someone in my life that accepted all of them like you do.

Five more reasons. Are you guys still with me?

-*-

idk if zac efron is actually an asshole irl but

we're gonna say he is, kay?

chapter song: perfect - ed sheeran