“Go,” Leila whispered from beside her.

     Ella stood up reluctantly and the only sound echoing the room were the legs of her chair on the floor as she stood up, walking shamefully over to where Mr. Dunn was waiting for her.

     Ella gave him her sketch pad and he opened it up to the drawing.

     “Care to tell the class what you were drawing or should I?” Mr. Dunn looked at Ella, who sighed impatiently.

     “It’s a portrait of my boyfriend.” She said, looking down at her shoes. The class was silent, and Ella takes her sketch pad from the teacher’s hand, and sits back down at her seat.

     “Okay, guys. Copy the information on this slide and let me know when you’re done so I can move on to the next one.” Mr. Dunn sat down at his desk, taking a sip of his water bottle. Ella stared at it angrily. Suddenly the water bottle’s top flied off, and the water inside splashed all over his face. The class laughed histarically, and Ella’s eyes widened.

     ‘Did I do that?’ She asked herself. As Mr. Dunn struggled to compose himself, she crouched in her seat, feeling guilty all of sudden.

     Ella had been chosen and making water bottles explode wasn’t the only thing in her long list of abilities.

Noah

     It was fifth period, and Noah was missing Leila.

     Since when did I become such a love-struck dumbass? He thought.

     Leila told Noah she had 2nd period P.E, but Noah wished she had 4th or 6th, so he could maybe bump into her.

     “We’re running the mile today,” Said their pugdy P.E coach and all of Noah’s classmates groaned.

*

     As he was running Noah heard his heartbeat increasing and felt himself working up a sweat. He stopped and took a break – his heart gradually slowing down as he caught his breath. His heartbeat was loud, yet slow. He could hear it as it decreased and decreased and decreased..

     ‘Are heartbeats suppossed to be this slow?’

     Noah pressed two fingers against his neck, feeling for a pulse. There was none. His heart had stopped. He was walking, and breathing like a normal human being, but his heart had stopped.

     What the hell?

      As Noah finished his last lap he walked up to Mrs. Ortega – his P.E teacher. He asks her to check his pulse and she reluctantly obliges.

     The short teacher looked worried as she presses her fingers down several times, not able to find a pulse.

     “Someone, call 911!”

    Noah has been chosen, and his heart stopping was only the beggining.

~

Damian

     He was in dance class. Dance class was open to both sexes, but Damian had been the only boy to apply. All of his friends laughed at him, but he didn’t care. He only cared about one girl that was in that class with him.

     Lily Gomez.

     In his eyes, she was perfect. Smart, gorgeous, talented. He stared at her as she danced with her partner, presenting a dance number that was due that same day. ‘She looks so hot.’ Damian couldn’t help but stare at how her butt looked in the tight dance shorts, and when he felt his own shorts getting tighter, he looked away.