Chapter Forty-One

Start from the beginning

"Bloody hell." He grumbled and I looked at him in confusion.

"What's wrong?"

"They need me at the house. There's to be a...meeting." I realized what he meant and pressed my lips together, frowning. Should I still tell him? I couldn't make up my mind. If he asked, then I guess I would but if he didn't pursue the subject any further, I'd wait. Draco was already upset and I didn't want to add the bizarre prophecy to his plate. I caressed his cheek to comfort him and he smiled weakly.

"What is it you wanted to tell me?" My heart thudded and I shifted nervously, uneager to tell him anything Professor Trelawney had said but I guess it'd be better to tell him everything. The prophecy and...the other thing.

"W-well when our hands connected, she totally spaced out. Like she was in another dimension."

"I'm not surprised. The woman is a nutter, even if she can see the future."

"Well she told me someone's prophecy." I paused before looking at him again, "Yours, Draco."

"That's completely mental. What did she say? And why did she tell you?" Draco was just as confused as I am, probably even more so.

"She said, "He who followed blindly and forcefully must make a decision to protect those who raised him or the those who will need him most. For he cannot save both that undermine one another and will receive an inevitable stain on his name from either side." He stayed silent, brows furrowed and lips parted, looking for some sense in the madness I'd laid in front of him.

"I-I don't understand. What the hell does she mean I'll have to make a choice? And why will my name be ruined? It's already bad news to be a Malfoy. How could it get worse?"

"I don't know, Draco. I just thought I should tell you."

"And you memorized all that?"

"Well I think it's hard to forget something like that, love."

Draco stood up abruptly, pacing back and forth. I watched him carefully, afraid that one word from me would send him crumbling into oblivion. This prophecy wasn't a joke, and I knew that now. Draco was crushed. How do you deal with something like that? I realized now that the other thing she knew was directly connected to the prophecy. I would ruin him. I would ruin Draco, the one who loved me so effortlessly and unconditionally. But there was a chance that she was wrong. How much could she have gotten from a simple touch that probably lasted a millisecond? Besides, there was literally no way it could've happened and I'd hang on to that small thread of hope for as long as I could. Until there was no way I could deny it.

"Why did she tell you? It's my prophecy." He asked, breaking the silence.

"I-I don't know. I was thinking maybe I was involved in some way." You know you're the reason why. No, stop it. There's no way.

"It just doesn't make sense." He slammed his fist down on a small table, making me jump. He's already been through so much. Draco turned to me with betrayal written in his eyes.

"You knew for five days and you didn't tell me?!" He raised his voice and looked down on me from where he stood a few feet away. I stood up, hot with anger and narrowed my eyebrows.

"I didn't want to add to your stress so I figured I would wait. Honestly, did you think I did it for no reason?"

"You had no right. It's MY future, Delia." His nostrils flared and I knew he was mad but I wasn't going to back down. I mean who does he think he is?

"Clearly it's a little more complicated than that. Why else would she tell ME and not you?"

"You're my bloody girlfriend!"