"Shoot," Milo acknowledged his curiosity.

   Jermaine licked his lips with determination stiffening his eyebrows. Milo didn't know if he had a reputation around school because she spent most of her time studying instead of worrying about others. She was sure that he had a girlfriend last year, yet she didn't want to assume and embarrass herself.

He asked, "So are you and that boy together? Like, are y'all a thing?"

"Nah, he's just a friend. He's dead set on keeping it that way too," Milo grumbled, "Why do you ask?"

"Cause I like you but I'm not bold enough to disrespect a relationship like that. Are there feelings involved in your friendship that I should know about?"

Milo thought, 'On my behalf...yes. Khari doesn't like me like that.'

She murmured, "I liked him but he didn't like me back. Do you wanna be my boyfriend or something?"

"I mean, it's up to you. I don't wanna force you into it," Jermaine laughed awkwardly. "Would you like to be my girl?"

Avery;)— Laila has to go to a new school

Avery;)— Laila has to go to a new school...again.

WJ— lmaooo she needs a whoopin 💀💀

WJ— what she do now?

Avery;)— so she snuck into the school at like 5 in the morning and taped blm posters all around the school. that wasn't why she got in trouble tho...

WJ—...so are you gonna continue? cause I'm in class rn and babe there's tea 🌚

Avery;)— she got kicked out bc she kicked a kid in the throat for wearing a confederate flag shirt that said "Heritage Not Hate." In Laila's defense...the girl called my sister a buffoon

Avery;)— now spill the tea while it's hot 🌚☕️

Avery;)— 🌚🌚🌚💃🏾💃🏾💃🏾

WJ— so Milo has a boyfriend...right.

Avery;)— ooooh look at Khari! about time 🤦🏾‍♂️ what's the ship name? Mari? Kilo?

WJ— THE GAG IS

WJ— ITS NOT KHARI 💀💀💀😩

Avery;)— dang 💀 who is the big fella?

WJ— some soccer player named Jermaine. He plays basketball too but everybody does at this school.