seventeen [edited]

Milo taught me to save my problems for the next day because we were gifted with days that shouldn't be wasted by feeling sad

   Milo taught me to save my problems for the next day because we were gifted with days that shouldn't be wasted by feeling sad. So I guess I've been trying to do that lately. Milo wants me to participate in Spirit Week with her, yet I couldn't see myself wearing matching pajamas with her, Warren, and Miracle on Tuesday.

   Aunt Cleo took me to a book store yesterday and said that I could buy any book along with a CD if I promised to smile more often. I made sure to smile extra hard at her today since she's been trying harder than before. She doesn't leave out the house as often and she'll actually try to talk to me now. She's kinda cool, I guess.
-Khari

      "Zebra Print or cute fish?" Warren questioned Khari as they walked down the aisles of Target.

   Warren held up two sets of footie-pajamas so that Khari could choose between the pair. Miracle and Milo ran off to the video game section so that Milo could buy the latest installment of Sims 4—leaving Warren with Khari.

   Khari shook his head amusedly at the pajamas before pointing at the zebra-printed pair.

   Warren snorted, "I still can't believe you're actually doing this. Milo got you to do it, didn't she?" 

      "Yeah, she begged me for about two hours, Ren. She's lucky I actually like her or I would've told her to get out of my house," Khari laughed lowly.

   He considered Warren one of his "friends" since Milo claimed it to be true. Khari didn't mind Warren as much as he did Miracle; Warren was deemed cool in his book. Khari pushed the cart over to the produce section after Milo claimed that they needed snacks for their impromptu sleepover.

   Warren huffed, "I actually met her during orientation one day, right? A girl threw a crayon at my head and Milo comes over with the biggest cornrows in her head just to throw a crayon right back at the girl. I thought she was gonna do something wild but nah."

      "Has she always been so open? Like unfiltered?" Khari picked up a bag of Cheetos and threw them into the red cart. "She asks about ten questions at once and wants all of them answered."

   Meanwhile, Miracle and Milo perused through video games while talking about her dad's road to recovery. Miracle's entire personality seemed to be developing better after realizing that she might potentially have her father back.

   She laughed excitedly, "I know! He went to black therapist down near that dentist that we go to, y'know the one near the cool gas station, and she gave him some anti-depression meds. He goes to see her every Saturday—it's great."

   Milo nodded her head absentmindedly while placing a game back onto the shelf after checking it's price.

      "I'm glad that you're both doing fine now. I missed the old you, Miracle. Y'know, the one that wasn't problematic or shady," Milo stated bluntly, "How was your trip?"