Chapter 37- Am I Invisible Or Something?!

Start from the beginning

But alas there was nothing, as Sherlock said initially, and we reached a dead end. Whereas I somewhat gave up, as I knew more than Sherlock did that it was utterly pointless to try, but Sherlock no doubt stored everything he remembered in case it all came back again.

--------------------

"Not one mention of me at all!" I exclaimed and threw the newspaper onto the coffee table. "I'm in the picture for god's sake!" With a huff I dropped to sit on the sofa and laid on it with my arm rested across my forehead.

Sherlock just chuckled lowly while John walked in from the kitchen. "What's up with you now?" He sighed and sat in his armchair.

"Injustice!" I cried and propped myself up on my elbows. "He-!" I gestured over to Sherlock, "-is getting all the credit for recovering that painting and they haven't even mentioned my name once! Without me it would have taken twice as long!" I crossed my arms and pouted, sulking.

John huffed and picked up the newspaper, skim reading the article. "Well, they do say amateur a lot."

Sherlock merely tilted his head indifferently and put his hands together in a prayer-like position. I sat up and glared at John, "Technically we're both amateurs."

There was a tense silence as I sulked on the sofa and the only sound came from John flicking through the newspaper. I had woken up and found the newspaper on the kitchen table, I'd read it without leaving the kitchen and so was still in my pyjamas.

This didn't look all the presentable when a woman appeared at the door looking somewhat upset. "Excuse me?" She asked apprehensively as she noticed Sherlock looking stern as usual and then me, slouched on the sofa in my pyjamas.

"Hi..." John said slowly and stood up, "... can we help you?"

She looked between us all and frowned. "It's my husband...he's been kidnapped." She then let out a cry and hid her face.

"How much is the ransom?" Sherlock asked nonchalantly.

I smirked as the woman looked over at him in shock. "What?" She asked shakily and her tears stained her cheeks.

"Well, if it's a pretty big ransom it's likely he's going to be alive for a while but if it's not then... they probably didn't take him just for the money." I explained and turned around to sit properly on the sofa.

Apparently that wasn't what she wanted to hear as she broke down into tears once again but much louder this time. I couldn't help but groan and roll my eyes at Sherlock who shook his head.

A crying loved one never made getting information easy, so this was going to be tricky.

----------------------

"Back together with my family after my terrifying ordeal; and we have one person to thank for my deliverance- Sherlock Holmes." The woman's husband, a banker, who had been returned to his family after we found him. Emphasis on we.

The public around us applauded as we stood outside their home for a press conference. Cameras and microphones were pointed at us and yet they still ignored me. No doubt because I was just a child and that meant I had nothing to do with any of it.

I frowned as the banker's son turned to Sherlock and held out a small wrapped box to him. Sherlock gave me a loot before taking the box, I  held back a chuckle as he rattled the box and stated, "Tie pin. I don't wear ties."

The family glared at me as I smiled widely at Sherlock's response and so I cleared my throat, then looked away. John shushed Sherlock immediately and we both rolled our eyes.