04 | Bakery

Plagg sighed and rolled against Marinette's pillow, bored out of his mind. He didn't understand why Tikki would go to school, but he couldn't?! Marientte said that her bag didn't have space for two kwami's and since Tikki was the designer's official kwami, Plagg stayed home.

"Only one more day Adrien." He murmured. "Then I can show you who Ladybug is..." His current plan was to wait in the bakery and fly out when Adrien talks to Marientte. Tikki would come out and scold him for sure. It would work. Unless they were so dense they couldn't figure out their identities even with their kwami's out.

Plagg continued to moan from boredom when he heard the trap door open. He looked over and saw Marinette. He hadn't even realised that school ended. "Marinette!" He cried, moving from the bed to his temporary cheese giver. "I was so bored being here alone." He explained.

"I'm sorry Plagg, but I wouldn't be able to close my bag if I had you and Tikki with me." She explained. "But if it makes you feel better I got you some Camembert." She held up the wheel of cheese.

"The entire thing?" Plagg inquired flying closer. Marinette nodded. "Thank you Marinette! I forgive you for everything!" He cried, taking the cheese from the girl. As he ate it, his thoughts drifted to Adrien. He hoped the kid was alright.

- Setting Change: Hotel -

After days and days of photos and press and sleep, Adrien had a minute to himself. He would be going home tomorrow, and he could apologise the Plagg for leaving him. He must be hungry. Days without food. Without Camembert. He felt bad.

If Plagg was angry he could just give him a whole wheel of Camembert. Or two. He knew that the cat kwami rarely got angry, but he didn't want to be on his bad side. Adrien curled into a ball on the hotel bed and sighed.

"Plagg wouldn't wait out days of no food right?" He murmured. "Yeah, that makes no sense. If it were me I'd find somewhere with food." Adrien sat up. "But where? Did he leave a note?" He hoped Plagg did.

Adrien sighed once more and relaxed on the bed. He had a long day ahead of him and needed the sleep.

- Setting Change: Bakery -

A few hours had passed and both kwami's were watching the designer. She was working on something, but Plagg had no idea what. "Marinette, what are you making?" The cat kwami finally asked.
"A Christmas present for Adrien." She replied. "I won't be able to give it to him right away or even at all, but it gives me some more practise time for my sewing."
"Oh. Why don't you think Adrien will get it?"
"Marinette's to shy around Adrien." Tikki piped in. "She couldn't even call him to ask if he wanted to go to the movies." The ladybug kwami chuckled.
"Tikki!" Marinette said, exasperated.

Things continued like this until Marinette finished the present and headed to bed. It was a red scarf with black polka dots. Ladybug themed. Plagg stared at the gift in the dark and looked for a box. Marinette had been so nice to him with little questioning. He could at least get this gift to Adrien, signed and everything.

After fins in a box of a suitable size, he placed the folded scarf inside and closed it. He then looked for some wrapping paper. Soon, there sat a perfectly wrapped present addressed to Adrien. It took a bit of time to match Marinette's writing style. Now finished, he snuggled against the cat plush on Marinette's bed, feeling content.