𝚡𝚟𝚒. 𝚎𝚡𝚌𝚕𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚍𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚜

✦✧✦

✦✧✦

Attention does not mean the regarding of someone or something as interesting or important. The dictionary is a liar. Attention is a nine letter word that means literal hell. As in, that's what Cress has been going through since receiving nothing but it.

She isn't going to blame any one person (cough, Cedric, cough) but the amount of people who have suddenly realized that Cress does actually attend Hogwarts and that, yes, Cedric does have a tiny sister whose mouth is as bad as her hair is astounding. Like, her mind is blown by the amount of students whose eyes have suddenly opened to all the possibilities of Crescent Diggory.

But it's so fucking annoying; Cress has not had one free moment since Cedric's name has flown out of that bloody goblet. Every corner she turns, there's someone there, in her face, asking about Cedric and what size his shoes were and oh my gosh, does he like tulips or roses better? There's been a lot of chocolate, too. So much chocolate. Cress is getting tired of looking at it, she's gotten so much. And she's pretty sure that the treat is laced in Amortentia and therefore she's sent the girls (and boys) off with an assurance that she's going to give it to Cedric and then tossed them a moment later. Which is rude of her but she's looking out for her brother's safety and she doesn't really want to go through every batch and check because a) she's allergic to cinnamon and who knows what ingredients are in there and b) if there is a love potion laced in there, she doesn't want to be the one ogling the poisoner.

(She does not tell Cedric because, knowing him, he'd want to try every one of the chocolates and then go personally thank every person who gave him the treat because he's that nice.)

(Axel thinks she's just bitter that she's not the one getting the chocolate. Cress tells him to shove off.)

Honestly, Cress isn't sure how Cedric does it. The attention is driving her absolutely bonkers and it's probably nothing compared to what he's had to endure. Like, she's one more giggling girl away from making Axel suffocate her.

"Does he like truffles? My mum makes the best truffles!" some Ravenclaw girl in sixth year asks as Cress tries to bob and weave her way through the crowds of people so she can go to Charms.

Cress resists the urge to groan. She wishes Axel were here to help her, to snap at this girl to run along and get a life but wishes are meant for someone who has hope and Cress — doesn't have any.

(Plus, Axel isn't even attending lessons today. He claims it's because he isn't feeling well, but Cress knows it's because he got a letter from Valko that said he wasn't at Hogwarts — hadn't even gotten on that bloody pirate ship to begin with. Supposedly Professor Eats-Brand-Muffins-Ew punished him for something and demanded that he remain at Durmstrang for the duration of the tournament. However, Cress doesn't think she was supposed to read that but — he's her best friend. Priorities. She'll let him chew her out later when he finds out but for now she'll give him some space.)