Chapter 32- Cosmo Children

Start from the beginning

"Bonnie...?" I whispered in awe, my jawing hanging aimlessly open. "What is this...?"

"Beautiful, isn't it?" The little blonde girl show cased her creation by lifting her arms in the air and twirling around. "But you're right, it is dark and way passed my bed time." She sniggered in a tone that suggested she was just pulling a lairs excuse. Then, she sprinted off, disappearing under the shadows of the trees before I could catch my breath.

"Hey! Bonnie! Come back!" I shouted into the empty air. There was no reply, other than the faint vibrations of snickering from Bonnie's loss of control. I frowned, knowing her sudden disappearance was a part of a bigger plan...but what?

"Elaina? Where did you go? Elaina? What about our battle?" A new voice bounded off my eardrums, sending sparks of excitement down every vertebrae of my spine. I knew this voice very well. It's exact sound imprinted onto the memory of my ears like branding."Elaina! Are you going to give Pikachu back?!"

"Ash!" I announced, whipping around and searching the night-washed park for his head of windswept raven hair. Soon enough, my crush appeared, stepping out of a weeded pathway and onto the lake banks, looking as breathtaking as usual. Instead of his normal blue jacket, he wore a plain black t-shirt, skin tight, making my breath hitch for a brief moment.

"Serena? Is that you?" Ash asked, his head snapping up and those perfect bronze eyes searched for my face. He took a glance at the candles that now glowed before him, and cities lit up his eyes. The hundreds of flames burned small buds in his flawless irises. Electricity raced through the orbs that met mine in an instant, sending the same energy rippling through my body.

And time stopped.

The earth ceased to orbit the sun. Every single vibration halted. Rivers stopped flowing. All stopped breathing. My heart stopped beating...

And the faint smile that perked up his full lips; it was everything.

All his imperfections became perfections that shaped his very being. Every flaw that scared his character healed until it was as smooth as the surface of a glass ball. His jagged edges became the highlights of a masterpiece.

And he was perfect.

For a sweet second.

"What is this...?" He muttered, taking mindless steps in my direction, his eyes trekking down the array of golden candles that lit the park like lanterns in a night-sunken sky. Then he found the diner table in the center, awaiting a couple to take the seats. But there was no couple here, and I could already anticipate that we would only fit awkwardly because of that.

"It's the work of our friends I suppose." The words trembled out of my mouth as I still stood in awe of their art. There was something about the way those flames danced like a flickering circus of city lights. Like stars of a comet ruled galaxy.

"Huh? This is for us?" The boy I feel in love with settled only mere inches from me, studying the display with a perplexed look. He ran caramel toned fingers through his disheveled jet hair, making it even more randomly displaced.

"I believe so." I answered without averting my eyes from the fairy tail setting. It made my stomach do flips just thinking of Ash and I enjoying meal here.

Sitting opposites. Meeting eyes. Sharing smiles. Playing pretend.  

But there was no couple here, and I could already anticipate that we would only act awkwardly because of that.

"So Elaina and I aren't having a battle?" He questioned as wrinkles of confusion creased his forehead. The orange haze created by the numerous candles washed him in an apricot color, making his skin appear even more sun kissed than usual.