2 -Intervention

The next day, I came home to find Mike, Nancy, Karen, and Holly all sitting in the living room, holding a piece of paper, except for Holly, who was coloring.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Come and sit, Ted." Karen said, pointing to the lazy boy, my favorite chair.

I hesitantly made my way over to the chair and sat down in it, looking at around at my family.

Nancy looked down at her paper and began to read;

"Dad, we all have come to an agreement." Nancy started, and looked at Karen.

"We think that your chicken obession is getting a quite a bit out of hand." She said, nodding at Mike.

"Dad, we love you, but this needs to stop." Mike said.

"We think that maybe we should set some guidelines for you, so that you don't disturb the rest of your family, while still being able to enjoy your chicken, Ted." Karen said.

"It may be hard on you, but it's been pretty hard on us." Nancy said.

"Stop eating so much chicken!" Holly yelled out, holding up her red crayon triumphantly, as if it were some sort of weapon.

Everyone laughed at her, except me.

"So what do you say?" Karen said, leaning forward to look at me.

I didn't say anothing, I just got up and headed to the kitchen.

Karen followed with Mike and Nancy close behind her, but they weren't important now.

I grabbed the 4 containers of chicken from the freezer, along with the big bag of uncooked chicken.

There is no way in heck I'm setting guidelines for the amount of chicken I consume, I don't care if I'm obsessed, chicken comes first.

I slowly opened the front door, turning to look at them before bolting out the door.

I could hear Karen and the others calling for me, but ignored them and continued running.

I didn't know where I was going, but I knew one thing.

Chicken is love, chicken is life.