Bold Alex

Bold Alex

A Short Story
by JustAnotherDuck

Mark had always hated old-fashioned Jackson with its charming yet menacing criminals. It was a place where he never felt truly alone, but a mere shadow in which the spotlight could shine in any moment.

He was a selfish, cunning, beer drinker with a muscular frame and a hardened expression. Only his friends saw him as the cautious coward he really was. Once, he had even left his drunk, unconscious brother in order to avoid the cops, after he had been the one who dragged poor Tommy into the pub and started the fight. That's the sort of man he was.

Mark walked over to the nearest window which reflected his dirty surroundings. The moon shone, silvery.

Then he saw something in the distance, or rather someone. It was the figure of Alex. Alex was a bold kid with an incredible amount of raw strength and shimering eyes.

Mark halt to a stop. He was not prepared for Alex.

As Mark slowly retreated and Alex came closer, he could see the clear smirk on her face.

Alex gazed at him with the creepy and repulsive affection she had always had for him.

"I love you, Mark, but I want answers." She said in a hushed tone.

Mark looked her in the eye, gulping in fear.

"Alex, I'm still like that." he replied.

Because he was, and no matter how many of them Alex slaughtered, she wouldn't be an inch closer to his heart.

They looked at each other with mixed feelings, like two depredators, measuring each other's strengths and weaknesses and waiting for the other to lunge first.

Mark regarded Alex's ever-glowing eyes, and took a step back. They did not need to fight. His choices should remain unquestioned and that was something Alex needed to learn.

But apparently, she did not have the same plans.
She threw herself forwards, colliding with Mark at great speed.

His eyes widened when he felt her teeth closing down on his neck, crushing his windpipe in the process, blood quickly flooding his lungs and choking him.

"Love me or feed me."

THE END