6. Problem Solved and the Sound of an Angel

Start from the beginning

Pictures in our head
Of what we're supposed to be
Measuring ourselves but where is the love
Where is the love
The world got us wondering, wondering

I, I need you to understand
That I don't mind your shadows
'Cause they disappear in the light
And I don't mind your shadows
'Cause they look a lot like mine
And listen to me
It's okay to be afraid
Just walk like you're never alone
And I don't mind your shadows
Your shadows, baby I don't"

I moved from the sofa and next to her doorway, making sure my every move was quiet. Her voice had me drawn in, it was like every time I got closer and closer, she was making me fall for her even more.

"And all these voices in our head
Well they keep screaming louder and louder
But they won't pull us under

Baby, I don't mind your shadows
'Cause they disappear in the light
And I don't mind your shadows
'Cause they look a lot like mine
And listen to me
It's okay to be afraid
Just walk like you're never alone
And I don't mind your shadows
Your shadows, baby I don't."

She finished the song and I moved into the doorway. I watched as she wrote a few things down and the smile on her face when she felt the success. This is the girl I'm in love with and I regret nothing.

"Wow..." I said softly and Maya froze. She slowly turned around and the fear grew in her eyes.

She stood up and walked over to me, she didn't look happy, my smile dropped and I became cautious. She grabbed my collar and pulled me towards her face. I don't care how tall or muscly I am, she scares me.

"You tricked me." She said through gritted teeth.

"Technically yes... But you sang in front of me." I smiled.

"Technically no because I didn't know you were here." She said again.

"Look forget about that. You sang in front of me, you had your back to me and you sang. I gotta tell you, you have such an amazing voice and the fact that you try and hide it from people is unbelievable." I say and she stares at me for a second before slowly letting go.

"You mean you really liked it?" She asked, hope on her face as she's scared that this was her first time performing in front of someone.

"Yeah. You have an amazing voice, your song writing is incredible too. I'm not ganna lie, I could listen to you sing all day." I say and her face looked at me in disbelief, she smiled and wrapped her arms around my body, giving me a hug. I did the same and kept holding her.

 I did the same and kept holding her

(creds to smokeandfriar on IG)

"Thank you so much." She said and I could sense her crying because her voice cracked.