Worth

Lucas Coley| Thoughts
***
Leslie's mind raced as she sat on the couch in the house she supposedly shared with her boyfriend, Lucas. Yet as she sat there, it didn't feel like she owned any part of the home she was sitting in.

For years, Leslie and Lucas had been together and they were seemingly happy. For years, she ignored all the warnings she'd gotten from her loved ones about his unfaithfulness.

Leslie did not want to believe that someone who made all these promises could possibly be capable of lying to her in the way they said he was.

In the beginning, she'd told him to keep it real with her no matter what. Because of this, she continued to push their accusations to the back of her mind until now. Now, as she began to really think about their relationship, none of those promised he made had really been met. Though, he'd done enough to make her continue to think that she was happy when in reality, she was miserable.

Leslie was in a unpleasant haze. Even when Lucas stood in front of her, it took a while for her to come back to her senses.

"Aye,baby," Lucas chuckled. "What's wrong with you?"

As Leslie stared at Lucas, something rose inside her. She felt it from the tip of her toes to the top of her head. Her breathing began to be shallow as her entire body heated up.

Before when she looked into Lucas's eyes, she felt love. Now, she felt hate. She hated him right now.

Then, it happened. Lucas finally brought Leslie to her ultimate breaking point.

"What's wrong with you?" He questioned, looking as if he'd never done anything wrong in his entire life.

Before she could control herself, Leslie flew into Lucas with flying fists.

"I hate you!" She roared repeatedly as she attacked him.

Lucas managed to pin her down on the ground before she did any major damage to his face.

"What the fuck is yo' problem?" He growled.

"All I ever asked was for you to keep it real with me," Leslie cried. "And you couldn't even do that."

Even though her voice was nearly inaudible, in that moment, Lucas could no longer feign innocence. He knew exactly what she was talking about and it began to dawn on him that it was only a matter of time.

"Baby, I'm sorry. I-I don't know. I just-"

Leslie held up a hand to silence him. She was tired of his lies and it became clear to her that she deserved better than this. She deserved better than him. She deserved an explanation. She deserved someone who would tell her the truth. Lucas couldn't do any of that and he didn't show the intent to try.