Chapter 5: Much Jealousy

Dev was slowly clenching and unclenching his fists. He was breathing heavily as if trying to vent out his anger in that way. The scenes were haunting him again and again. How could she? Just how could she?  Everytime she did this he would feel betrayed as if his whole world had turned into a lie. He sat down and tried to clear his head and think about work but alas! All that came back whenever he closed his eyes was that breathtakingly beautiful face....with that other man!!
FB:After they came back from the summer camp Dev and Sonakshi had decided to stay at Sona's house for one week and one week at Dev's. This arrangement was done to keep Soha's request.
(A/N:this part is much like the show)
Dev was fine with it cause it seemed the best possible action then. None of them wanted to enter into a relationship cause both knew the consequences and dreaded them.  Their families would never accept them and the problems would start from square one. Sonakshi had suggested the arrangement. Initially Dev was reluctant but later gave in. He had again wondered why was Sonakshi Bose always right.
Everything was fine but then came Jatin. That man. His audacity to go near Sonakshi in front of him surprised Dev. After they had returned from the orphanage he had come to pick up Sona and Soha. Dev was suspicious from the beginning but Sonakshi assured that he was her childhood friend and Soha's godfather. However after staying at the Bose house for 4 days Dev hardly believed that. The way he looked at her, the way Sona had smiled seeing him, both burned his heart in jealousy and ached his heart as it reminded him of their time together... The best phase of his life...It all seemed like a dream to him, too good to be true, from which he was very rudely woken up. Everytime he saw Jatin near her or Soha, put a hand on her shoulder reassuring her,  hold her hand or play with Soha it killed him. Jatin adjusting her ear ring still haunted him. When he saw it he realised how they could be like that. Sometimes he felt like grabbing her by the hand and kissing her to death...but then their conversation by the lake rung in his ears and he used to resist himself.
"Papa,"Soha called out. The sweet melodious voice of his daughter broke him from his reverie. He looked at her with a smile. She was wearing her signature rabbit ears hairband. "Papa I have returned from my dance class. Now I'm free... You promised me that you would play." "Sure I will...How can I say no to my sweet little bunny...I have already broken many promises to a person I love... I don't want to repeat the same mistakes again."Dev said ruefully.
However, as Soha was leading him to her room he saw Jatin and Sona sitting and chatting in the sofa. He froze.
A/N:Those who are excited to know the full conversation by the lake please vote😁😁...thanks for ur time... Till then bye.