Chapter 2: Forks

Normal P.O.V

You wasted no time in jumping in your family car. It was nice and slick black with shiny rims and clear glass. It was worth quite a bit of money and your mom used it on a daily basis to get to and from work, while your father took the subway. Your mom worked farther out of the city, so she needed a car for means of transportation.

You sat behind in the drivers seat and gripped the wheel tightly until you realized you were leaving indents from your strength. You took a deep breath before taking one final glance at the stairway leading to your apartment, a place you knew you'd never return to.

You didn't take a single thing from your home, something you'd soon wish you did. Yet as regret began to consume you, you pressed the button to start the engine and drove out of the parking garage. You couldn't return there. You needed to think this through.

For starters, you had just committed murder to fill your thirst. Pain was filling your body each minute, and as a bystander passed your vision, you wanted nothing more than to prance on them and drink them dry. You couldn't prevent the finger indents in your steering wheel at this point, it was useless.

You knew you had to make a scene as believable as possible. When police would eventually find your murdered parents, they needed something to go off. So you played the kidnapped daughter role.

You had a baseball cap on your head, one you found on the floor of your mom's rather clean car. You knew it belonged to your dad, he always forgot things in random places.

The busy streets of New York City were driving you crazy. There were people in every direction, but your conscience prevented you from making a move.

Once your car was stopped on a backed up road leading away from the city, your mind started to blur. The conscience that led you to not devour New York City was slipping away and a new demon was taking place.

Feed. Just do it, you know you're hungry. Who cares if a few people get hurt? You'll be happy. You'll be full.

You fought the voice in your head, the voice you recognized to be yourself. You looked in the rear view mirror, your eyes a piercing black color.

The sun was high in the sky, but you had long sleeves on, gloves, and a cap. You always read stories of vampires burning in the sun, you didn't want to take any chances. As you put your car in park to wait for the long line of cars to move, you rolled down your window. The sunlight poured into your car and slowly, you slipped the glove off your left hand.

To your dismay, you didn't burn. In fact, something beautiful happened. You felt nothing, not even the heat of the sun rays covering your ice cold skin. Although, as your skin was grazed with light, you sparkled like a diamond reflecting the rays. As every inch of skin entered the sunlight, more of the beautiful shine covered your body.

For a monster, you sure are a beautiful one.

Your eyes twitched to the side as the car next to yours rolled their windows down to escape the rather warm day. A child reached her hand out the window to feel the air with a smile across her face. You licked your lips as your black, hunger-filled eyes scanned the child's skin.

The smell of pure blood filled your nostrils. You could see the veins pumping blood through the innocent girl's body, you could hear the familiar sound of a heart beat.

Your arms moved on their own as you ripped the seat belt from your body and kicked the driver's open. The kid looked at you with big eyes as you stood with your cap low and fixed your gloves. She looked into your eyes and her mouth fell open.

"Mommy, why does the lady have black eyes?" She pointed.

Her mother ignored the child, causing rage to build in chest. Until this morning, you were a calm person, and didn't overreact about careless matters. Today, you wanted to hurt anyone that did even a single annoying thing.