Chapter 6 (Edited and Finished)

Start from the beginning

Once he disappeared far enough down the road Lexi looked at Brad and gave him a look.  "Lynn's cousin! Brad you just lied to that cop. If he finds out, that’s not gonna be good for the case of Kyle's death."

Brad looked from her to Lynn and then back. "What was I supposed to say? Oh we don't know who she is. Her and her boyfriend just showed up on the beach because their boat wrecked in the storm. It would make things all crazy Lexi. This Island does not do well with strangers."

She was gonna say something more but was interrupted when Drew slowly opened the door. "Is the officer gone? He was not looking for me was he?" he asked."No" Lynn said. "They found Kyle's body." She said softly. "They want to question all of us down at the station this afternoon."

 Drew stared at him, turning pale. He was still unsure if Old Man Whitfield had turned him into the cops or not for vandalising the Lighthouse.

Ethan and Faith suddenly appeared from up the street. He had her in a headlock as they walked down the street. She was laughing uncontrollably with whipped cream smeared all over her face. "I told her I would catch her." Ethan said with a huge grin. As they got closer his smile faded and he released her she stood up still giggling as she took some of the whip cream off with her finger and placed it into her mouth. But soon her smile faded too as the mood that hung in the air seemed to hit them all at once.

"What's going on?" Ethan asked as he walked towards the porch, mainly looking at Brad for an answer. Brad looked towards the ground before answering him. "Officer Reynolds was just here. They found Kyle's body at the school. They had his mother identify the body and they want to speak to us, because apparently we were the last ones to see him alive."

 He let his gaze trail back up to his face. "When" Ethan asked

"Later this afternoon"

“They want all of us to come in for questioning." Faith stepped up beside Ethan. "That’s just wonderful. I wouldn't doubt they think we did it" she pushed passed Brad and Lynn and went into the house. They could hear the water running from the kitchen sink as she grabbed a cloth and washed off her face. Alexis followed Faith into the house. "He didn't seem like he was accusing us Faith." she said just as Faith brought the towel down from drying her face. "I just still cannot believe that he's dead." She said as she turned away. "It’s so crazy; I get nervous just talking about it. And now I have to go down to the Police station and answer questions about it. I'm not good at that." She stared out the window for a few moments before turning back to face Lexi.

"Why are you always so dramatic?!" Brad yelled.

"I'm not! I'm overwhelmed. Stop yelling at me." Lynn cried. "You’re just going on and on about it. I don't want to hear about Kyle's body and who did it. I just don't want to hear it anymore."

Brad shook his head.  "I've heard enough”

Lynn let out a whimper and then stormed off the porch. She took off down the road. Not looking back. Even when Brad and Drew called to her, she just kept going. She was sobbing and crying so hard that she was trembling. Tears streamed down her cheeks and she could not even see in front of her as she walked. "I cannot believe him; he is so selfish, so insensitive." She sobbed. Ethan shook his head. "Everyone is in such an uproar. Everyone just needs to calm down." He said as he walked passed Brad and Drew and went into the house. Brad shook his head and then stormed into the house as well. He still seemed mad at Lynn. Drew stood there for a few moments wondering if he should go after Lynn or not. "Brad, you didn't need to be so hard on her man. She was just expressing how she felt." Brad turned to face him. "Like you have room to talk Drew. You don't know how to treat a woman right. You proved that last night, as well as today at the lighthouse. I would never have treated Lynn the way you treated Alexis.”