Chapter 1

Present Day

"I hate it here," Isaac complained for the fiftieth time, as his mom pulled into the long winding driveway leading to their new home. The house looked like it wanted to be a mansion, but half way through it changed its mind. First thing he noticed was an elegantly carved oak door and the windows, which were composed of complicated patterns of stained glass windows and your average everyday window. The house was a bright aqua blue which seemed to glow in the dark shadows that fell onto it.

"We just got here. How could you know if you like it here or not?" His mom asked, slamming shut the car door with her hip as she flipped from the car key to the new house key. Rolling his eyes, Isaac grabbed one of his many boxes.

"Anywhere that is not our old home, I hate," he grumbled and followed her up the sidewalk, which was surrounded by the most beautiful flower bed he had ever seen.

"Well you will grow to love it here soon enough." hi mom unlocked and opened the door of their new house for the first time.

"I doubt it. All of my friends are back in California and we are too far away for me to see them again," Isaac continued as he walked into the house. As soon as he stepped into his new home he had to stop his mouth from falling and slamming onto the floor. Before him stood an enormous entryway with an exquisite spiraling staircase which lead to the second floor and the basement. On the floor there laid a gigantic ocean-blue rug that stretched from the oak doorway to the bottom of the stairway. Hanging from the ceiling was a strangely modern chandelier, it had multiple lights hanging down on different strands surrounded by wavy-blue rectangular glass like a rippling lake. Besides the stairs the only way out of the room were two doorways on either side of the room, presumably leading to even more stunning rooms.

A few hours and a little more unpacking later the young man flop down on his king size bed to rest a little. The effects of his room began to kick in. Isaac's bed laid on the far side of the room furthest away from the white door that led to the hallway. To the left of his bed was a small antique oak nightstand and resting on it was a blown glass lamp. On the wall closest to the hallway door was another door which led to a giant walk-in closet which would surely hold all of his clothes and more. Next to the closet door was a handcrafted desk his grandpa built for him when he was little. The right side of his room had yet another door which led to his very own private bathroom.

Isaac glanced at the clock on his nightstand the movers had placed next his bed and saw it was almost four in the afternoon. Deciding it was high time for him to take a shower. He made his way into the bathroom. In it was a mirror stretching from floor to ceiling. The sink was pure white and looked like a giant bowl on a stand. The shower was big enough for two people and was in the shape of a square with glass on all sides except the one connected to the wall. He undressed and stood in front of the mirror examining himself.

He saw that his jet-black hair that was normally straight and neat was now all messed up from laying down. Isaac then saw that his emerald colored eyes looked a little bloodshot from what he can assume was his lack of sleep. From what he could tell he looked like your average seventeen-year-old. He was about five-foot-ten and weighed about one hundred fifty pounds. His leg muscles were big due to his new running training method that he had developed after Luke's death, while his arms were about average in width. The result of his new method was a nice six pack that had formed over the summer, just before his mom moved them out here. The only other thing different with him was now there is a scar on his chest that started a little above his belly button and ended a little under his left nipple. It was white and jagged. It was another reason they had to move. Isaac then turned on the water and got inside the shower.