Chapter two: A Princess and A Pirate

My eyes open as the light comes through the window. They adjust and I get up from the comfort of my bed. I go to the full body mirror in my room and look at myself. My hair looked like I just got attacked by a raccoon. "Lucy!" I hear my mother yell through my door. "Breakfast is ready!" Then I hear footsteps go away from my door. I sigh and put on a baby blue sundress and tie my hair up in a bun. I head downstairs to the dinning hall and find my mother already sitting. I take my usual seat across from her and my father sits down at the end of the table. We start eating and after a few bites my father stops and looks at me, "Lucy we are having a ball later this evening to find you a worthy husband" he says in a calming tone.

Really? Another one? We didn't even find one in the last one we had. Most of the men were to old or to young. And even some of them got drunk and danced on the floor like their lives depended on it. Maybe Natsu Dragneel might wonder in this time. That's absolutely dumb! Me falling in love with a pirate wouldn't be the best idea. Besides, he's probably already gone and back to sailing after last night.

Or so I thought.

***

"Ugh! What do you mean there are no mermaids, Frostbite?! A pretty blonde one saved me last night!" I yelled at Gray while his girlfriend Juvia hung on his arm.

"I'm telling you FlameBrain that there is no such thing as them. They don't exist whatsoever." He gave me a glare and walked away. Soon after Erza came up to me.

"Captain, we can't get another boat till tomorrow morning. I've found a safe area for us to stay overnight. It's near the castle on the beach" she said concerned

"Erza you do realize we will be by the castle right?" I asked then whispered "that means no one can find out we are pirates, Fairy Tail pirates to be exact." I said in a heavy tone to make her understand. She nodded then walked away.

I turn to look at the ocean. The sun was shining off the waves coming. The sky was cloudless and bright. It was about 4 o'clock and I got bored standing on the beach. So I told the crew I would be going into town for some food. They warned me to be careful and I headed to town. It was very lively and much more than I expected. Maybe because they are near the castle. I pass through shops and shops till I find a decent one for food. My mouth watered as I looked at the cooked meat they had. I paid them and took a walk around. I maybe a pirate but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy life without not getting caught all the time. My thoughts trailed off till I heard something that had some interest in it, "Did you hear? The King and Queen are having another ball to pick the princesses future husband once more!" My head turned, I smirked and walked to the beach.

***

"Father! Mother! I'm heading into town for a little! Be back in an hour" I yelled to my parents. After that I ran out the door. Running down the dirt road that led to the bombing town of Magnolia once again.
"Hello Mr!" I yelled to the old man, and he waved happily at me. My run came to a skip when I got to the gates of town. Entering the town, my skip then turned into a walk and I looked around for a shop that could sell me some new brushes.

Once I located one, I walked over to a woman drinking out of a huge barrel. "Um excuse me" I started, "how much are these brushes?" I pointed to the cleanest ones on the shelf. "That would be 200 jewel for the whole set. That set is rare and made of the finest wood around. This shop won't be around so hurry up! I've got a ship to go back to!" She said in a angry but drunk tone.

"A ship? Are you a merchant?" I questioned her.

"Don't worry about me lady. Just buy the set if you're going to". With that I handed her the 200 jewel and set off for a small walk after she gave me the brushes. Humming along the crowd I heard a scream. My body turned and I started running in the direction of the scream. There were 3 buff men surrounded around a woman. She was on the ground and bloody. Dropping my brushes, I ran to the man closest to me and jump kicked him. He went flying, the other two looked at me. Angry. "What do you think you are doing to her?!" I yelled.

"Teaching her a lesson not to order us around." One replied

"What gives you any right to beat her up?!" I screamed running towards another one of the men. "LUCYYYY KICK!" My leg swung up and knocked him square in the jaw. Causing his head to jerk back and his body to hit the ground. The last man looked at me, "listen lady, I don't know who the hell you think you are. Either way, you are going to regret doing that!" He threw a chain around me causing my arms and legs not to have movement to move.
"Release me! Do you know who I am?!" Yelling at them with a fire still lit under me.

"Does it look like we care?" He turned and the other to men were up on their feet next to him.
"How much do you think she'll be on the-" he was cut off my a fist to his face. All I could see was pink hair? The chains fell off my body and I was tugged away from the area. I turn to see who my savor is... everything felt in slow motion. We stopped and my eyes widen. No way...

"So what's a pretty girl like you fighting men?"
He asked

"Well you see... I can't stand violence." I looked up at him.

"Say, I've got a question for you" he stated and he let go off my hand.

"Listen, thank you for saving but-" I was cut off

"Is your name Lucy?" He asked

My eyes widen. No it couldn't be could it? Could this really be him? I looked down, "Yes my name is Lucy." I replied

"I've been wondering where you ran off to" then I knew exactly who it was.

"N-Natsu?" I questioned

"The one and only" he bowed and looked up at me. Giving me a small smirk. He stood up, "I never really thanked you for saving me so-"
I cut him off.

"Can you not talk about that here? No one knows and I won't hesitate to kill you if you tell anyone. " i said in a mean tone.

He nodded and shook his head. He grabbed my hand once more and we ran off into the woods a little away from the town but still close enough so I could get home. "So who are you anyways?" He asked me leaning against a tree.

"I'm the princess of Fiore" I stated and looked back at him. His eyes were wide and his jaw was open slightly. It then turned into a smile.

"Well hell, who knew the princess had saved me." He then got off the tree and turned away from me, "I'd love to stay princess but I must go for my crew needs me. Shall we meet here again tomorrow?" He asked then an idea popped into my head.

"How... how about you come to the ball tonight that's being held at the castle?" I asked, he turned and smirked.

"Like id miss the chance to see your beautiful face again. I bid you ado Princess. See you tonight!" He said and ran off.

"See you tonight..." my voice trailed off.