Chapter 20--Third Wheeling Is Actually An Important Job

Start from the beginning

"Well," He said changing the subject. "I declared my major. Molecular engineering and biology with a minor in human anatomy."

"Really?" I said proud of him. Our whole group was thinking about double majoring. Except Kellie, she was sticking to one major and minor. I knew for a while now that Jackson wanted to be a doctor. He had told me the process of how to go about with medical school. It seemed impossibly long. I mean, the idea of being in school for that amount of time blew my mind. You'd have to be really dedicated which is exactly what Jackson is.

"And I'm assuming you're sticking to architecture?" He asked.

"Yeah," I smiled without even noticing. I still hadn't told any of my friends over the skyscraper. I didn't exactly know how to mention it to people. Heck, I haven't even told my family. How do you bring that up in a conversation?

By the way, I made a building. It's going to be built. Someone is building my building.

Yeah I don't think so.

"You'll make it Parker," Jackson said with an encouraging smile. "You're going to be amazing."

"Thanks Jackson. I hope to get discounts when I go visit you when you're a doctor." We were walking in a comfortable pace. I'm sure we had already passed Jackson's class. But now we were just taking a loop around. I hadn't spent much time on this part of campus. All the colleges in this area had nothing to do with what I want to do. The good thing was that the crowds seemed to have died down.

"Speaking of amazing though," I said trying to change the subject. "You're not dating Victoria."

That instantly changed Jackson's posture. He stood up straighter—which was worse for me because he's already tall as it is—and his face contorted like he was smelling something bad. "What do you mean?" He scoffed. Little bursts of air kept coming out of his mouth like he was baffled and didn't know how to reply. "O-of course I'm dating Victoria."

I rolled my eyes and moved to the side. Someone on a skateboard passed us by as I pulled Jackson to the side with me. "Cut the crap Jackson," I said crossing my arms over my chest. "Victoria told me this is just your elaborate plan to make Kellie jealous."

Jackson clenched his jaw a few times before he finally let out a loud sigh. "Fine," He admitted. "Yeah I'm trying to make Kell jealous. I don't know what else to do."

I raised my eyebrow, "There's this weird way people communicate nowadays. It's called talking."

Jackson rolled his eyes at me, "Well aren't you just hilarious."

"I like to think that I am."

He scratched the back of his head and closed his eyes. "Could you just not tell her Parker?" He pleaded. When he opened his eyes I realized how serious he was. There was a lot of fear behind his eyes that I was actually surprised for a second. "Please..."

I bit my lip. I wasn't going to tell Kellie. I never planned to. It's not my job to do other things for people. Especially things like this. It's something that Jackson can easily take over and have responsibility for. I was only here for moral support and advice. I still think he should talk to her, but I could also tell he wasn't ready. I could understand the concept of not wanting to lose a friend.

Finally, I sighed and looked at the floor. "Fine," I grumbled.

"You're the best Parker," Jackson said picking me up in a hug. My feet actually came off the ground and I was caught off guard.

"You can put me down Gigantor," I barely managed to say because he was squeezing me so tightly.

Jackson pretended to look offended. He put his finger under his eye like he was shedding a tear. In a high pitch voice and awkward sob he said, "It's because I'm black isn't it?"