Chapter 3

A few days had passed since their chance meeting on the train and the friendship between Ross and Demelza has blossomed .
It wasn't at all like master and servant , in truth despite being a military officer Ross had never been much good at ordering around household staff , he much rather do things for himself but now he couldn't always and it really frustrated him . On this particular morning it was why he couldn't go for a walk around his estate alone or why he couldn't reach anything more than waist height without toppling over among several other things and thus he was once again forced to seek help from the ever willing to please Demelza . "Demelza, "he shouted "where are you ","I need to go out but apparently I'm an invalid now and need a nanny to look after me " he said with hints of both joking and annoyance in his voice " I'm coming Ross,just give me a minute the nanny for broken army officers is coming she joked "remembering how she'd had to do the same for her own brother. Arriving in the hall beside him "where are we off to Captain " she smiled "you'll soon see my dear " was all the reply that came and with excited trepidation Demelza took Ross's arm and walked out into the sweet smelling , cool summer air "what was this surprise "she wondered as she walked .She would soon see but it wasn't anything she ever expected it to be.