chapter 2

Arriving at the train station in the taxi that he had ordered half an hour earlier, he picked up his case and limped towards the door when he realised something, of course it would happen today ross thought he would arrive at quite possibly the only train station in the uk with no lift , "s**t he thought how on earth am I going to get down there now " that's when he heard someone behind him "would you like some help with that case sir " the cornish accented voice said " yes please", a mildly annoyed ross said "I normally wouldn't have to ask but well there's no lift here it would seem so being an injured ex - soldier is no fun here " he said with a slight hint of laughter in his voice. The young girl smiled " I imagine not sir , my brother is much the same "" I see " said ross , " may I ask which regiment your brother was in , miss ?? " "miss carne , demelza carne sir " "my brother was a bomb desposal expert ,well before he blew himself up that is " "Oh dear I'm so sorry miss carne " Ross said with a slight note of relief from reaching the bottom of the stairs "call me demelza please sir " , "capatin poldark , ross poldark, I was an infantryman well before this happened "he said patting his now throbbing leg. " Well demelza where are you headed " "Nampara " she replied "I have a new job as a house keeper for the apparently disabled master there , funny his name is poldark to " " how odd I'm also headed for Nampara and expecting a house keeper , I fear we've met a little sooner than expected ." " Oh my sir I hope I've made a good impression on you""call me ross and yes love you don't need to worry I think you've brightend what has been a rather dark day some what " he smiled before they bored the train headed for Nampara "hopefully this would be the start of something better he thought "" oh please let it be something better ".