Chapter 2

"Hm? It's Yoo Inna. Why?" Jieun asked while smiling.

She wasn't startled at all. It's been 2 years since they both started living together which means it's also 2 years of hiding her love affair.

Taehyung only shrugged and smiled. "Sorry for disturbing." He apologized and went inside his bedroom. He locked the door and leaned his back on it.

"I know you're lying though.." Taehyung sighed.

It hurts him a lot. His wife will never be interested on him because she has someone else. It's a one sided love for him.

It also hurts him to see his best friend having an affair with his wife. He couldn't tell something about it. His relationships with Jieun and Jungkook are on risk if he did so.

Taehyung knows that once Jieun decided to speak about it, their marriage are bound to break. He's anxious. He doesn't want to let go of his wife even when he knew that his wife was having an affair.

He's just hoping that someday even if it seems impossible, she would look at him. She would love him back.

"I thought the research paper was to be passed on wednesday?" Jieun grimaced with the news. Tomorrow is the deadline for it and she has to cram.

She stare daggers on the screen of her cellphone. "Why post news if you're going to post it late?" She blamed the class president.

Frustatingly, she opened her laptop and started to work till midnight. She checked if there were typos and inappropriate words that were used.

When she finished sending the file, she stretched her whole body. "I feel thirsty." She uttered.

She went downstairs and opened the refrigerator. She grabbed the pitcher and poured the water in a glass. She didn't mind turning the lights on.

She was drinking when she saw a man's figure at the dining table which looks like someone's sitting on one of the chairs. She stopped what she's doing and focused her eyes on the figure.

"Seriously I need to sleep. Let's just go upstairs." Jieun talked to herself.

She was startled when she turned around. The figure is now standing in front of her and she couldn't move at all.

"Taehyung.." Jieun tried to call for help but she can't manage to speak audibly as if only air was coming out of her mouth.

She gather all of her strength when the figure moves towards her.

"D-don't come near me!" She shouted.

Jieun closed her eyes, wishing this would end when she opened her eyes again. She heard distinct footsteps that roam the living room and went towards her again. She gasped.

She jumped when two hands grabbed her shoulders. "P-please. Don't." She pleaded while her eyes closed.

Then she heard a loud chuckle. She gradually opened her eyes and saw Taehyung. The light are turned on now and she can clearly see his grin.

"Hey, I don't know if you thought of me as a ghost or someone who will do bad to you." He held his stomach and stifled himself on laughing.

Jieun was dumbfounded. She averted her eyes to the side where she saw another figure but it was because of a coat hanged on the chair.

Jieun was pissed off by her stupidity and Taehyung's laugh. "You jerk!"

Taehyung started to run when Jieun was about to hit him. "Hey come here! I'm not yet done dealing with you!" The furious Jieun shouted.

"Theres no way I'm going to let myself be killed!" Taehyung laughed, still running and so is Jieun.

"How dare you make fun of-" Jieun slipped accidentally. Before her body gets bumped onto the ground floor, Taehyung immediately grabbed her waist.

There was a silence for a moment. Both of them looking at each other's eyes. One with admiration, one with confusion.

Taehyung stares give her goosebumps though. Even if they live under the same roof, they haven't been close to each other like this.

"T-thank you", said Jieun.

Before she get to push him away, he claimed her lips quickly but gently.

Their lips are touching.

Jieun couldn't move.

She never ever thought of this happening to the both of them.

Jieun shoved him. She wanted to shout at him but she couldn't when she saw his face expression. A sad, an unusual expression was plastered on his face.

Bewildered, Jieun tried to ask why he did that to her. Though, it's too unbelievable for her to even say that.

"I slipped?" Taehyung changed in just a second, he was already sheepishly grinning while scratching his head.

Jieun is way too annoyed. She's convinced that Taehyung was only teasing her and didn't give a lot of thought to the recent kiss because Taehyung is just being Taehyung.

The sighing Jieun made her way to her bedroom instead.

She's done with him and his weird behavior.

.
.

'When will my feelings reach to you?' Taehyung thought.