Chapter Twenty Two

Start from the beginning

Though whenever I see how much much... pain... she was in, I couldn't help not to step back. I wouldn't deny that guilt, at times, would seeped in. Knocking some sense, that this person, used to be one of my favorite people in the world.

When her line of sight met mine, the pace of my heart doubled. I felt like I was caught into something I wasn't supposed to be doing. Her hazel eyes widened in surprise at the recognition that I was indeed here, again; my staring never faltered a bit. She glanced back at Elise for a second and then returned her gaze back at me. The corners of her mouth lifted a little that I subtly exhaled by the sudden lack of air.

It came out of nowhere, like a thunder reverberating from a storm — a loud tug resonated inside me but I chose to ignore it. Not now when she whispered something to Elise and made her way towards where Sister Ana and I at the moment.

"Andrea." Sister Ana said. "Justin is visiting again. He brought gifts for the children."

"Oh. That's so nice of you Mr. Bieber. Thank you." She replied, her voice guarded a little — she may be wondering what I was doing here. Somehow, I felt she didn't like my presence around. I bit my bottom lip and tried to compose myself.

"Uhm, you're welcome Miss, uh, Price." She just stared at me before she heaved a sigh and pushed a smile again.

Should have I, uhm, said otherwise?

"Do you like to join the kids? They'd be happy to see you again." She politely invited.

"Y- Yeah. Sure."

Who was I to say no?

It was fun. The discomfort and my jittery nerves slowly wilted away as soon as I surrounded myself together with the children. They were all welcoming — calling my name and my attention from time to time. I would submit into their wishes and paint with them. Even though I lacked skills and knowledge and background from painting, I surely know how to make doodle and well, I can still remember how to try mixing colors when I was a kid.

"Is it already forming into a sky Justin?" Elise asked as I was helping her form the imagery she had in mind.

I glanced at the paper that was now filled with different shapes and hues for the needed picture.

I'm pretty sure abstract painting is also an art.

"Yup." I replied, letting her now whisk the brush into the direction I guided her awhile ago. The huge smile plastered across her face didn't go unnoticed ever since Andrea told her I was here.

"I'm really, really, reaaaaallyyyyy happy you are here Justin." She stated for the third time. I chuckled.

"Didn't want you to miss me that much."

She giggled. "I really wanted to see you again."

I ruffled her hair a bit. "Me too Elise."

"Do you also want to see Mommy Andi too?" She unexpectedly asked that I halted from scanning the area to gaze at her. Her tone innocent and full of curiosity.

Huh.

"If I say yes, you're not going to tell your Mommy Andi?" Her grin quickly beamed at my statement that I laughed.