Eternity Origins: Pt. 1

Start from the beginning

"Eternity!" The teacher spoke, "Tardy again, are we?"

"Sorry," I said.

My teacher wrote me a detention. I knew it. Such a terrible thing to give for a tardy.

"Lose the hood."

"Oh," I said as I threw my hood back.

The other students watched me and my teacher attract all of the attention. The lesson didn't even matter at the moment.

"See you Thursday," she said, as she gave me the detention.

"Ugh..," I sighed, as I took it, and sat down.

The students always did act absurd to anyone's troubles.

"Someone's in trouble..," a student whispered.

"She's always trouble..," another one said.

I just wrapped my arms ontop of the desk, and lay my head on my arms.

The lesson didn't even get to my head. The girl I met today meant more to me. And just listening to what she said in my mind, her beautiful voice cancelled everything out. I wanted to see her again so bad! And when I memorized the whole moment, I put my mind on hoping that those school hours hurry up.

Finally, last period was over. The bell rang for us to leave. I waited for all of the tall people in my class to walk out to get my stuff and leave. I hurried as fast as I could to the lot. I found the door to the sidewalk, and I saw... her...

Brittany showed up. She was just telling her friends goodbye, and she stayed as they left for their boyfriends to drive them home. I was so excited. I walked to her, trying to keep myself from running.

"Hey, Brittany!" I said.

I didn't mean to be that loud, but oh well.

She saw me with her dreamy eyes.

"Hey, Eternity," she said to me.

I wanted to get used to that voice.

"I was wondering if.. we could be friends," I said.

I worried myself with that question. To me, it felt like time stopped. But instead, she had a little blush in her smile.

"Okay. But first, tell me about yourself," she replied to me.

When sat on a bench together, and I explained myself to her. In my talking, she paid attention to everything I said. I liked having her hear me like a therapist. I wasn't used to having someone know me as well as I explained myself.

"They shouldn't treat you like that," she commented, "Not everyone is as casual as them. You aren't into them."

"Yeah..," I responded.

She put her hand on top of my hand. That lovely hand was something I have been begging to kiss, and feel in my own.

"Don't let them make you feel like you're below their feet," she said to me.

I nervously fit my fingers between her's, and kept a weak grip. I was so nervous of what she'd respond with. She began to blush again.

"E-Eternity?", she said.

"I-I've never felt happier around another girl," I said.

"Y-You like.. me?"

"Yes."

Brittany was speechless. My fear of her possible denial to me began to build.

"I-I don't know what to say, Eternity. I_"