This wasn’t awkward at all…

I decided that since I was in the bathroom I might as well take a shower and kill some time while I gathered my nerves so I pulled off my clothes and stepped into a cold shower. I stayed under the freezing spray of the shower until all I could think about was the shivers that wreaked through my body instead of the intense sex dreams I had last night.

What was wrong with me?

Nate is my best friend. I just went out on a magical date with a hot guy. A hot guy who was the polar opposite of my sexy best friend. I mean best friend!

I sighed and turned the shower off when my shivers were coming more often and my skin was covered with goosebumps. I stepped outside and wrapped a fluffy towel around my body before pressing my ear to the door to try and hear if Nate was in the room. I didn’t hear anything so either he left or was just lying in bed.

I took deep breaths and told myself to be the confident girl I was before the night of the attack and with that in mind I swung the door open and walked across the empty room to the closet. I grabbed a sky blue and white g-string and matching bra then slipped into my black tights with a little bow on the outside of each leg and put on on a light blue long sleeve shirt.

I threw my damp hair into a messy bun then left the room to head downstairs.

I rounded the corner and saw Nate sitting at the dining table with a bowl of cereal sitting in front of him. He was eating slowly but didn’t really look like he was paying attention to what he was doing if the puddles of milk around the bowl meant anything.

“Uh, morning Naddy” I croaked softly. I cleared my throat and threw him a quick forced smile.

As always Nate smiled back and slid a bowl with cereal my way without me having to ask for breakfast. He knew me well.

“Morning beautiful” Nate said. I turned my head to face away from him acting as though I could hear something interesting. I couldn’t. “What are we doing today?”

I breathed a sigh of relief when I realized he was acting as though this morning never happened. Thank God he didn’t know I had sex dreams of him last night! That would’ve made this morning even worse!

“I was thinking I should probably move back to my place…” I said without even thinking. I actually really didn’t want to. I didn’t want to be alone in my room where I was attacked and nearly raped. I didn’t want to be jumping everytime I heard a random noise at night.

“What! Why?!” cried Nate. His eyes were popping out of their sockets and his face held the expression of dread.

I shrugged and looked at the floor. “I just think it’s time for me to move back. I can’t stay scared forever.”

“Rox, you heard the police. I don’t want to scare you but they were pretty sure that the attacker was after you and what if he comes back? What if he actually knows that you’re by yourself and your parents are away?”

His questions filled my mind and now the attacker was all I could think of.

“I highly doubt he’d come back… and besides the only reason why the police said that he was after me was because he hadn’t stolen anything. Did you even stop to think that maybe he was going to rob my family AFTER he… you know… The police have no justified reason to say that.” I rebutted. I didn’t know why I was trying to get away from Nate. To be honest I probably couldn’t sleep properly without him anymore.

I looked up at Nate and saw that he looked miserable.

“Is this because of this morning?” he asked quietly.