Chapter 6

Chapter six:

Hello readers! Sorry my uploads have been slow, I’ve been quite the busy little bumble bee. Anyhoo enjoy J

Love Nix xx

*************************************************************************************

[Roxy’s POV]

I woke up to the faint sunlight streaming through the space of Nate’s curtains. It couldn’t even be 7am I’m guessing. I breathed in and smiled at the citrusy aroma that was all Nate and relaxed against him. He was spooning me from behind with one arm under my neck acting as my pillow and the bandaged arm firmly holding me against his body.

A firm body.

I could feel Nate’s er*ction poking into my lower back and to be honest I quite liked it. Even though I knew it was purely his ‘morning glory’ I couldn’t help feeling as though he was attracted to me, that some part of him could see me more than just his best friend.

I sighed. I didn’t want to go back to sleep. All I could think about was that nightmare. I felt so helpless in my nightmare and I hated it. I never wanted to feel that way again, even if it was in my dreams. My mind flashed back to the other night when I was attacked and I could remember how strong my attacker was and how I couldn’t even twist away or hit him.

I need to get self defense classes, I decided. Yes. It was Sunday today so I decided that today I’d look for a good self defense class.

I slowly wriggled from Nate’s grasp and fell to the floor.

“Nice… real smooth” I murmured to myself rolling my eyes.

I tiptoed to the door and gave Nate one last glimpse of his sexy bare chest and went downstairs to get some breakfast.

***

“Self defense classes ey?” Nate asked shoveling cereal to his mouth.

“Yeah, self defense classes”

“Yeah, I think that’s a great idea Rox. But you know that I’ll always be there to protect you right?” Nate asked with raised eyebrows.

“Of course Naddy. You’re my hero remember?”  I smiled.

He smirked at that and winked at me. Eating the last of his cereal he brought his bowl to the sink to wash it and turned around leaning against the counter.

“So you want to head out in about an hour to look for a good place to take these classes then?”

“Yep!” I threw him a bright smile and ran upstairs to take a shower and get ready. After I showered I threw on a pair of black leggings, a black tank top and a baggy red and black checked button down that I tied into a knot and rolled up the sleeves to my elbows. I grabbed a hair tie and put my hair up into a messy bun, I slipped on my back flats and met Nate at the door.

Nate was driving us to the third self defense class I’d looked up and we were both hoping this one would be a good one. The other two were a no-go with the first having an incredibly perverted old instructor who seemed to like to grab in the wrong places and the second having an extreme feminist who, quite frankly, scared me a little too much.

We walked into the studio and I was greeted by a pretty blonde receptionist with pink streaks in her hair.

“Hey… Stacey” I greeted her glancing at her name tag, “I was wondering if I could sit in on one of the classes just to see if these classes were something I’d like to start taking up.”