Chapter 1: "Is this a dream?"

I gingerly took my latte from him and thanked him. New country, new life, new people; I had to make as many acquaintances as possible. The local librarian, the people at the closest cafe, the weird couple next door with lots of birds; all of them were people in my sphere now. They were now, my people.

"9 O'clock. I should head back to the library. I have piles and piles of work." I complained to him.

"'Take care then" He smiled warmly. I smiled and turned back quickly, hoping that he didn't see me blush. I strongly believe the rush of blood was due to his blue eyes. It could also be because of his devastatingly beautiful chocolate brown hair; but hey! It's just me speculating. And I speculate on a lot of things; like what exactly goes down in a cocoon? Why do people make a wish when a star 'falls down'? Why does Italian food taste so damn great? And I believe in a lot of things. I believe that good things happen to good people. I believe that Coca Cola has been the greatest invention of humankind till date. I also believe that I should stop smiling to myself after about 3 minutes of meeting Mr. Blue eyes.

Reminding myself that my 3 minutes were up, I stopped on the sidewalk to call for a cab.

Before I could motion a cab to stop, I jerked in my spot suddenly. There was a deafening noise coming from nowhere in particular. With that came a pressure field, like a pulsating wave of force pushing through. It hit me like a truck, head on; and I was stunned like a deer caught in headlights. Next couple of moments occurred so rapidly that I could not assemble my senses to react, at the same time, occurring so slow that I took in every last bit of it. Within a fraction of second, I was airborne, and the very next I was thrown down on earth like an lifeless rag doll. Arms flaying, I hit the ground where the force field directed me. Friction overcame force and I lay there, unable to breathe; too shocked to make a single coherent sentence.

My head felt like someone had stabbed it till the very core. My heart was beating so fast, it was almost painful. If I could, I would have pulled it out of my throat where it was seemingly causing a damn ruckus. All I could hear was a loud static, a radio static. It was as if going through one ear and coming out of the other, forming a dull chaotic concoction in between. It didn't last long. My body drifted into unconsciousness without any struggle.

.

.

.