"Where you going, pretty lady?" One of the men said cautiously, almost sweetly and took a step forward. "You looking for a good time with my friends and I?" He smirked. His face was distorted and scarred, with large bulks of muscle showing in his arms and wide chest. The other stood next to him with his arms crossed, and though he was smaller than the other one, something dark and dangerous in his eyes made my fear spike. My eyes quickly darted around, looking for an escape. The only thing I can do is run.

I turned around and ran through the dark for what seemed like less than a second, until firm hands secured me from my waist, the smaller one pulling me back to them both as they laughed. He didn't let me go, instead holding my body and hands in between his grip. Scream, I told myself, but my voice caught in my throat. "Leaving so soon?" he said and the other had a twisted snarl on his face as he watched. "The fun hasn't even started yet."

I struggled to get loose, to call for help. To do something. Since my voice wouldn't budge, my foot instinctively went up to kick him in between the legs. He let me go instantly, clutching his hand where my foot connected. "Grab that bitch!" He yelled out and the other looked puzzled.

I turned to run, but once again was spun around, this time by the strong one. He grabbed my wrist in a steel grip. I let out an anguished scream as he slammed me into the concrete wall behind me, my back making a hard thud against it. His free hand went up to my chin and pressed it against the wall as well. I could feel the scrape and fresh blood against bare skin when I tried to slither away. "Now the real fun begins, girl." He said, calmly sweeping his eyes over me in a way that made me squirm. What was he going to do to me?

The fear and anxiousness was starting to loom over me, and this time I knew what I was facing was real. My body was shaking, and my breath came in heavier gasps, trying to catch the air around me. I couldn't move anymore, couldn't fight. My mind had taken control over my body, my blood running cold suddenly. "Let her go." A raging, deep voice called out. But my pulsing heart was thumping hard in my ears, not letting me hear well.

Before the man could react to it, his heavy weight was pulled off me in one rough motion, and he staggered back. His crushing weight was off my body, yet I couldn't move anything but my eyes. Everything around me seemed to spin, until my gaze landed on a pair of familiar, cutting eyes.

Nick. A second passed before his face registered, but was worn off quickly when I saw what was unraveling ahead. Nick's face was twisted into a growl as he grabbed the large man's collar, hustling him against the wall. His fist collided with the man's face, and blood spilled out from his mouth. The man was angry now, and swung a clenched fist at Nick, but he was faster. Nick ducked out from his strong arm and hit him in the stomach, earning a loud groan from the man.

He was weak now, and Nick used the momentum of the punch to tumble him to the ground as he knelt next to him. He delivered more brutal punches to the guy's face, until the guy had blood dripping from his face. I could feel nothing, yet I watched everything unraveling in shock.  Footsteps paced from beside me, and the skinny one who had been clutching his crotch from the kick ran off into the deep alleyway, a frightened look on his face.

"Don't ever touch her again." Nick's voice dripped with a poison and cruelness I had never heard before. It frightened me. He finally let the man go with a shove, leaving him bleeding on the ground. His face turned towards me, some of the cold anger in his gaze dissipating. Only some. His eyes were looking for something, bruises, a response, anything from me and he held his breath. I didn't- couldn't react. This was all too much, and I could feel myself shifting further from reality. Everything spun, and I couldn't-

I couldn't understand anything. My own thoughts were waves of questions and fears, but never quite settling on one. Too much. It was too much when Nick's gaze held on to mine for a second, until we both turned at the sudden silence tearing through the tension.

Down the deep alleyway, the dozens of people that had once been distracted in a brawl of their own, had turned their heads to look at me and Nick, and the bleeding man nearly passed out on the cement floor with confused, angry faces. Three people started running towards us, one of them reaching behind his shirt to take something out. A gun, I realized as my heart filled with dread.

Nick and I exchanged glances with each other again, and his brown eyes were wide when I read what they were trying to tell me so desperately. Run.

----------

Don't forget to vote, comment & share if you enjoyed this chapter and would like to read more!