004

Elesis POV

"Fuck." I murmured, getting into stance again as the flock of demons grew with every demon that fell. I had been fighting for hours, yet those demons just won't give up. Panting heavily, I sighed "I have to survive this, if I can just hold on till morning"

Suddenly, a demon threw itself at me, causing me to twist away from its grasp, quickly striking at it with my sword. Add that bastard... If we weren't in that argument to start with...

Letting out a loud war cry, I charged forward, making sure I don't waste energy on unnecessary moves. One fell after another, making them look like dominoes falling after each other. "Elesis?" A voice called

Add?

Before being able to reply, a demon swiped at me with its claws, sending me flying away and collapsing with a tree. Choking out blood, I opened my mouth to speak but to no result, nothing came out. Groaning silently, I pressed my hand onto my wound and growled "You little-"

"Elesis?!"

I snapped my head towards the direction of the voice, seeing Add with hair disheveled crouching on top of his dynamoes.

Add POV

"Elesis?!" I shouted, zooming towards the crimson avenger crouching down with blood seeping through her sides.

She seemed like she was struggling to speak as she got up, her sword still in her hand. In a flash of lightning, she dashed across the woods, her hair flying everywhere with every turn she took. Her eyes held bloodlust, something that I yearned to see once again after the first time I saw her. Grinning, I whispered "Let's offer her some help"

Standing on a high tree branch, I smirked "If we can survive this, I better treat her better"

With a wide grin, I quickly started sending explosions one after another, some exploding so close to Elesis that I had to take in a sharp breath everytime she fell down.

Elesis POV

I have to survive this... I remember now... If I can't avenge my soldiers, what kind of leader am I?

Blood...
Blood...
Blood...

"Let go of me..." I growled, reaching over my head and flipping the demon over. His strength was powerful but the way he attacked made too much openings for me. Reaching for the sword on the ground, I rammed it into the chest of the beast and laughed "Do you want to know what it feels like to die here? Where no one will remember you?"

A gurgle before it fell silent... Pathetic...

"Elesis? Thank god..." a voice sighed

"Add?" I cocked my head, facing backwards. His hair was everywhere, his black and purple eyes glancing at me with worry. That was the closest emotion I've ever gotten out of him. Falling to his knees, Add grinned "Where the hell were you?"

"I was... lost. Thanks for the help by the way" I smiled, crouching down and reaching out and patting his head. I swear I saw his eyebrow twitch "You were lost?"

"Hmmm... Yes..." I replied, poking his forehead. Letting his hair fall over his eyes, He scoffed "What are you doing?"

"Making sure you're real" I murmured

Add POV

I want to hug her... but that's so not me...

"Hey Elesis... Were you really planning on leaving before?" I asked, drawing on the blood stained dirt with my finger.

"Are you chasing me out?" She asked

"No... Just amswer me!" I snapped

"Nah... I was probably just caught up in the moment" she shrugged, wiping on her blade with the sleeves of my shirt. The shirt I had lend to her was now stained with blood. Biting my lips, I quickly pulled her into a hug "Don't leave me"

"Let me think about that" She said, before laughing. Suddenly, she pulled me closer towards her, digging her face into my shirt as she cried "Of course I won't. You're all I have"

"I'm sorry..."

"I thought I would lose you too. I thought I was never gonne be able to save you like my soldiers. I was never able to save them" She sobbed, hugging me tighter and tighter. Pulling her onto my lap, I supported both our bodies with one arm while the other wrapped itself around her. Kissing her head, I whispered "I won't leave you, ever again"