The door flew open and it all stopped, in sync you all turned like a bunch of children caught drawing on the walls. You all drop the cans and point at each other. "It was his fault!"
"No it was her's."
Troy, as ever, looks unimpressed, he goes to a mirror and wipes the cream off it. He snaps his fingers at you. "Oy." Your smile fades and you walk to his side, head hanging low. You see Newt shaking his head, he steps forward, you instantly hold up your hand telling him it's alright. "I want you to shave my head." He hands you a battery powered hair shearer.
"We'll go find the kids." Thomas and Minho sly tiptoe out the room, aware of the unsettling atmosphere, you nod to Newt to follow them. He refuses at first desperate to protect you, then gives up and follows.

NEWT'S POV

I stalk out, fuming mad, at Troy for being such a shuckface and at y/n for being so bloody stupid. I swear if she comes out with another black eye, I will kill him, I will... There is no end to what I will do for her. I grab a shopping basket and start loading up with items, cereal bars, chocolate bars, more canned food - them never seemed to end. I walk down an isle hardly noticing it was pet food, I guess something is better than nothing. I take a sharp turn and bump into a short stubby man, this snapped me out of my dreams. I stare at him, and he stares back. His reactions were faster than mine. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a pistol, not hesitating to aim it between my eyes. Fear pumped through me, all I could see was down the barrel of that gun, pure blackness that never ended. My breathing quickened and I froze. "Give me the basket." He demands waving the gun around. I can't, I just keep looking at it wide eyed. "Man come on." He says, I drop it, my body not working properly. It clatters on the floor and I flinch at the sound. "Kick it over." He orders. So I do, tensing up as he reaches down and snatches it.
He looks at me. "Man, I'm sorry but you know how things are now." He aims the guns t my chest and loads a bullet into the chamber. I squeeze my eyes shut and brace for the impact, my hands in a weak position of surrender. Suddenly I wished I had done more with my life, I should have tried to get a family at the orphanage not scared them all away so I could stay with my mates. I should have learnt to skateboard and most of all I should have confessed my feelings to y/n. I hear a small whoosh past my ears. Oh shit this was it, this was it. The a there a thud, like skin and bone being hit and another thud louder than the last one. The basket clatters on the floor again, I peel open an eye still paralysed with fear. The man lies on his back, his gun near my feet. I blink again hoping it was a mistake, an arrow stands vertical out of his chest, the point of contact surrounded by a pool of thick, warm red. I twist round, uncontrollably shaking but no one is there. I stumble out, that mars bar threatening to make a reappearance. I make my way out of the supermarket fast, knocking over shelves as I keep tripping over my shaking knees. Hoping it was fake, it kept replaying in my mind, him there going to kill me and then him on the floor dead. The sun beamed down burning my skin like acid, the ringing of the gun hitting the floor, the whoosh of the arrow made my head explode in agony.

Y/n grips her bow tightly turning her knuckles white.
I see the man's face.
She's bent over a pile of sick, trembling and pale.
I see the rich red of his blood.

I can't keep it down any more and wrench next to her.
"It was you or him, you or him." She cries. I place a hand on her back. She vomits up a runny black mixture of stomach acid and bile.
"I know, I know." I whisper, my lips trembling as I talk.
She wipes it on her sleeve and stands up straight, she's paler than a ghost. She walks back into the shop. My hands shake violently that it hurts my eyes to watch them. I follow y/n, she was no longer human, her humanity was gone with one arrow.
She's bent over the body reading a passport. "Arthur." She shakes her head, and pulls a wallet out of his pocket. "He had two sons and three daughters." Her bottom lips trembles as she grabs the arrow shaft. She tugs it out his chest, sweat forming on her brow. The red. I feel dizzy again and nauseous.
Y/n, looked lifeless as she gathered up the food and pocketed his gun and ammo. I watch her rip off her jacket and start shredding it rubbing her hands clean of something. I take her hands in mine casting the clothing aside, she won't meet my eyes, tears roll down her face in heavy streams. "Let's get a new jacket." I say walking her over to the clothing section. I gather up a vest and a shirt in her size, turning my back for her to change.
I give her a couple of minutes, seeing the red blood dripping off the arrow tip over and over again.
When I look back a round she's sat on the floor rocking back and forth. "It was you or him." She repeats over and over again. I sit opposite unable to form words. I know I should say thanks for saving me but, she was now a killer, for me. Tommy and Minho run round the corner. "Oh my god are you guys alright? We saw the body..." They get the sight of us. "Let's leave." Tommy says. "Minho get y/n."

Tommy grabs my arm pulling me to my feet, he looks me in the eyes. "Your alright shank." He drags me out supporting me, I wasn't even injured, just mentally scarred. He loads me up into the bus and sits me in a seat by the window, I look out at the supermarket. Y/n is in Minho's arms throwing up again. The kids make so much noise as they board on, I lean forwards my head in my hands and breath deeply. I want to scream at them, but my head, oh, my head it's burning me alive. Y/n sits at the far end of the bus, staring out the window. Her bow and arrows in the seat next to her, she looks half dead. I rest my head on the window and stare out half asleep.

I didn't notice that we had been on the road for two hours, time wasn't even a thing I could contemplate. Tommy sits by my side. "You want to talk?"
I look back to y/n, she still looks the same, at the back all on her own. I slowly explain word by word, my mouth dry and chapped. He hands me a packet of reese's pieces and a fruit shoot. I take it. "Do we even bother with her?" Tommy asks, watching y/n with me.
"I'll do it." I say, taking her food and moving slowly like a biter.

I move her bow and arrows to the seat in front and sit. She doesn't seem to notice me, I lift her chin and tilt her head towards me, she stares at me but not at me. She's looking right through me into a blank nothingness. I lay her down like she has been every night before this, her head on my lap. I don't stroke her hair, I don't talk to her, I sit there sipping my fruit shoot whilst she trembles on my lap.