Chapter 18

"Choji!" My scream seemed so weak over the riotous laughter of the men who continued to pull at my cover up. I knew it was ripped to shreds at this point, and trying to keep it together was futile, but I refused to give them the satisfaction of seeing me give up. And also my precious peaking bones. That's what grandma always called the tips of the bones you can see under the skin. I had dropped all the drinks in my effort to protect myself and stepped on one of the cans, making me fall. I screamed again, but this time, I got a glorious answer to my call.

"HEY!" The four men all turned to glare at my wonderful boyfriend.

"Buzz off porky. We're busy."

"That's my girlfriend you're messing with." He growled. Ino and Shikamaru were right behind him, both with equally pissed off expressions.

The mens eyes grew wide for a moment, and then they all broke out into laughter once again. "Oh my god! I think i'm gonna bust a nut!"

"That has to be the funniest thing I've ever heard!"

What? They don't believe him? "Like a hot piece of ass like her ever date a fatty like you. Come on man."

Ino and Shikamaru both grew looks of 'nope' and gently began to step away. Choji's face grew dark. "What did you just call me?" ....? Choji? Oh dear.

"What you gonna do fat boy? Sit on me?" They all began to laugh again, until one went flying.

We all looked over at him in shock. His left hand was expanded greatly, and his face was still dark. "I'm not fat." He growled before yelling and literally bowled them all over. "I'M PLEASENTLY PLUMP!"

I clapped. Nice show, loved it. Choji came over and helped me up. "Are you okay Alsono?"

"What on gods green Earth was that?" I asked with excitement.

"The human boulder jutsu." Ino answered. "Comes in very handy."

"It was awesome! I can't believe you can do something like that!" He was confused briefly, but then smiled and pulled me in for a hug.

"I'm so glad you're safe." I returened the hug, but the feeling of something on my bare skin snapped me back into reality. I pushed away slightly and tried to cover what I could. See, I'm smaller than most people initially think. Yes, I'm a cook. But my busy schedule tends to leave little room for me to actually sit down and eat. So I usually just eat parts of the peppers we don't serve at work and whatever is left over after my family eats at home. My collarbone is easily seen, as it the bottom of my rib cage, and my hip bones. I don't want Choji to see this and  be disgusted by how small I am.

"Al?" Ino asked. "You okay?"

"I... Um..." I sighed, defeat taking over me. "I think I'm too small of a person and don't want you to think it's gross..."

Silence. My eyes rolled up to see stunned expressions on the faces of my friends. But then Ino snorted and everyone seemed to deflate into cozy grins. "That's what had you freaking out earlier?"

"Uh... yes?" My cheeks started to feel hot.

"Man, you two freaking out over the same thing. You were made for each other." Shikamaru's comment made Choji turn white.

"Um... us two?" I asked.

Shikamaru and Ino both lightly pushed Choji on the shoulder, a sort of 'go on, tell her' shove. Choji looked around nervously and scratched at his stomach. "Well, you see... I was... kind of worried you would be put off by my size as well..."

"Why on Earth would you ever think that?"

"Because you're so pretty... and pretty girl usually like guys Shikamaru's size. So I was worried after seeing me out here you would decide you didn't like how I looked."

It took my brain a moment to process what he said. Ino had said earlier that they had been to the beach before and he never seemed bother by it. It made sense now. He didn't get bothered with them because they're his friends. They don't care what he looks like and even if they did, he wouldn't give two cares. But he wants me to be happy with him. He wants me to see him and smile. "Choji, can I show you something?" He looked confused for a moment as I turned to Shikamaru. "Shikamaru, can I have a hug please?"

Ino snorted as Shikamaru went on the defensive. "Do what?"

"May I have a hug?" I asked a little slower. He slowly inched his way closer until he was just close enough for me to get a nice big hug in. He looked so uncomfortable. When I let go he was very quick to back away. "Now, Choji, can I have a hug from you as well?" He was more than happy to give me a hug. When he stepped away, I explained what I had done. "Someone Shikamaru's size works for a lot of girls. It has to do with looks or whatever. I like how people feel." They all seemed slightly confused. "Shikamaru has a nice hug, but it's too hard in certain area's. It feels comfortable and makes me happy, but I don't crave another one. I hugged you, and it was like a warm blanket. Enveloping, cozy, I felt safe. I want another. I prefer the way you feel over the way Shikamaru feels."

"Why do I feel like I've been insulted?" Shikamaru asked.

"Come on, bones. Lets take the drinks back." Ino pulled him away, leaving me and Choji to ourselves.

Choji was looking side long at the ground, his cheeks a little red and hand rubbing the back of his neck. "Alsono... I'm sorry." He dropped his hand and looked back up at me. "I let my insecurity get the better of me."

"It's okay Choji. I didn't do much better in mine."

"I think you're pretty on matter what size you are!" He declared.

A small giggled made it's way out. "And I like that you are 'pleasantly plump'."

He grinned widely, cheeks still red. Another hug was the perfect addition to this moment. That warmth came over me again, and I thought there was nothing that could make me happier. Until, Choji's hand brushed my cheek and made me look up. He looked nervous, like he didn't know whether or not to continue. But then, his head began to dip down, closer and closer. He backed in and out a few times, before finally, our first kiss became a reality.