Chapter 14

The girl is Mizuho Wamiya, someone I used to know in school. She's always been a little... dramatic. And by dramatic I mean... "And all he said was 'Sure, see you soon'. WHat the hell am I going to do?!" Yeah... But I enjoy giving people an ear. She sat at the table with her head on my arms and tears making a nice sized puddle. I stood in the kitchen, focused on the fruit on my board and the knife in my hand. Every word she said buried in my ear as I continued to prep and cook my way through a simple dessert that usually did a good job at getting her leveled out.

"I just want him to show me some passion! He's always so carefree, why can't he be bothered for one second about being away from me?"

Placing the fruit on a small sugar cookie covered in yogurt icing, I thought about her regular mind set and her boyfriends. I knew them well in school, but since finishing we haven't talked much. But it seems neither of them has really changed much. I set the mini fruit pizza in front of her and sat across from her. "Takea has always been laid back. You know this better than anyone. His passion is very unique, and what you are looking for is something very regular and movie styled. That's not how Takea is. His passion is shown when he's at his most relaxed. He always has a hand on you, or touching you in some way. It's because you relax him. That's his passion. He will never beg you to stay. But when you leave, his shoulders will instantly tense up. Watch next time. You'll see it."

Mizuho didn't say anything. She stared at the table, munching on the fruit pizza, taking in everything I had said. Finally, she looked up with a small smile on her face. "Okay! I feel better now! Thanks Ally!"

Don't call me that...

She came in a big ball of drama, and left like a hurricane. What a woman. But it isn't to often she comes by for advice. I'd say about two weeks or so. And it's almost always something like that. But she eats everything I give her, so it's not all bad. Choji and them all leaned forward as they watched her leave, slight disbelief and amazing in their eyes.

"I'm not sure what just happened." Ino said.

"Don't worry. Neither do I." I answered, setting more fruit pizza's on the table. "Let's go with this, that girl needs a translator. Pronto."

"And you said she has a boyfriend... who is actually laid back?"

"Yep. Come to think of it, he once came to ask advice on how to ask her out."

"And HE asked HER out?!" Ino's disbelief was palpable. I Leaned back and nodded, slightly proud because I was remembering my genius idea. Man, I was smooth back then. How did I not get a boyfriend? Oh yeah, because I was helping everyone else get one.

"It was quite a day. And no good food to go with it." That was when the school decided to change their lunch menu to 'healthy' idea's. It was a bad idea. Very bad. "Anyway, back to what we were talking about before."

The fun and carefree vibe we had while walking here was back. Snacks in front of us, we talked for hours. I pushed Choji's shoulder when he made a particularly bad joke. It was awesome. The conversation turned to their lack of recent missions though.

"It's been almost two weeks. Missions aren't just our job. They're something to do."

"Even I'm bored." Shikamaru mumbled.

"Now that's saying something." Choji laughed around his words and reached for another snack."

I put my tea cup down. "Well, isn't there something you guys could do to fill your time?"

"Yeah, but we're still trying to come up with idea's." Remember my earlier comment about this girl having doom and gloom mastered? cause she is really good at it.

It was finally that time where the three needed to start getting on their way home. I walked them to the door and waved as Ino and Shikamaru walked off. But Choji stayed behind for a minute. In fact... he looked kind of nervous.

"Soo... Alsono, before I go... Umm..."

"Choji?"

He took a deep breath and launched in it. "I had a lot of fun on our date the other day!"

"I had fun too Choji. All the food, and getting spend more time with you."

"Well... it's not just that... My friends like you... and so does my mom and.... You know I really like you too. So I was wondering if... you would... be my girlfriend?"

Oh my god. Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. My answer came out in almost disbelief. "Yes."