I was the first to enter the living space of the guest house, which soon followed Derek who immediately started to talk to Kiana about random things. He asked about how she was doing, and if she liked the place, before going onto some other conversation about the pack. I, on the other hand just stood in the foyer just looking around the house. From the last time that I had been here everything looked the same, and nothing was out of place.

“Sorry about that. She seems to have forgotten her manners about inviting our alpha into the house when he comes to visit,” a voice said from on the top of the stairs. I looked up and seen Lucas and Steve standing side by side looking down at us. Steve had a smile on his face when he stared down at Kiana who glared at him, and I assumed that he was the one whose voice I heard.

“It’s quite all right.” I replied in as much honesty as I could give. “You two ready to get going? We have a lot of ground to cover before nightfall.”

“Yeah, we are good,” Steve said, heading down the side steps. Lucas followed behind him.

“Okay, cool. Sorry that we’re early, Derek here wanted to leave the house too soon.” I laughed looking at Derek who glared at me.

“At least I wasn't planning on leaving the house half dressed,” Derek said as a comeback.

“You were seriously half dressed this morning?” Kiana asked with a laugh. She was now standing next to Steve who had pushed Derek away from her in an attempt to keep the two of them apart. Thank you, Steve, I thought. I knew and probably everyone else in this house knew that Derek and Kiana weren’t mates and instead were just trying the old trick of getting their wolves to believe they’re mates. Usually it would involve mating, but so long as we kept them apart it wouldn’t work.

“Yeah he was half dressed,” Lucas whispered. He was trying not to be seen but I could have sworn that I’d seen a bit of a blush on his cheeks when he looked down at his shoes.

Both Kiana and Steve looked at Lucas in shock, though Steve was the first to speak. “You were there?”

“I was dropping off the truck because neither of you wanted to take it up,” Lucas said looking up at the two of them with a glare.

“Oh,” Steve said. “Nothing else happened?” Lucas slapped Steve for that comment causing Kiana to giggle. “Defensive much?” Steve asked, rubbing at his arm. Although Steve wasn't really hurt from being slapped by Lucas, it was still a bit funny.

“Head in the gutter much,” Lucas replied back not even looking at him. “Could we get going?” he asked looking up at me.

“Yes, of course.” I smiled quickly, walking out the front door. Everyone followed behind, until all that was left was Steve who closed the door behind himself. “Most of our younger generation is at school at the moment, so you won't be seeing them much this morning. That’s unless we don't stop off at the school. We might though,” I said behind me as I walked down the sidewalk. I could feel Lucas was close behind me, Derek next to him, and both Kiana and Steve taking up behind them.

“Where do they go to school?” Lucas asked.

“Just up the road here actually. We have an actual school set up for our children to teach them our heritage as well as other basics needed for everyday life,” I told him, pointing up ahead of us to an old looking building at the corner of our small little town. A red, two floor building with small windows which decorated the front and sides. There was a flight of steps which led to the front door, and a small tree to the left in a garden that my mother had built years before. “It's not really much of a classroom but we could hold up to ninety children in that building. Of course, we don't have that many children in the pack, so instead we have a different learning center.”