“You keep telling yourself that, sir. Maybe someday it will come true.”

“Right. Well, you should go get ready. We have to go meet up with our three visitors in less than half an hour.”

“I’d been ready, actually. You, on the other hand should seriously get some pants on.” He laughed.

I looked down to notice that Derek was right. I wasn’t wearing any pants and instead was only wearing my boxers from last night. “Shit. Why didn't you say anything before!?”

“Eh.” He rolled his shoulders up. “I could have, but then it would ruin everything.”

I cut my eyes at him. “How long were you watching the conversation for?”

“Long enough to know that he blushed when he looked down.” Again he laughed. This time it was one of his throaty laughs. I really hated his throaty laughs because they sounded so loud like a walrus roaring. It was fake too.

“Just shut up.” I laughed with him slapping him on the back. “I’ll be back in a little bit, then we can head out.”

“Right, sir,” Derek said still laughing, but he was calming down a bit, and instead of his walrus laugh he sounded more like a normal human who just chuckled.

Turning away I took the steps two at a time before going into my room. I grabbed a simple pair of black jeans and slipped them on before heading back down the stairs. Derek was at the bottom of the steps waiting for me. He had calmed down fully now, and was just leaning up against the wall facing the door. “Ready to go sir?” he asked. Werewolves had amazing hearing and although I had only been lightly stepping on the floor, Derek was still able to hear me walk.

“Yeah, yeah,” I replied walking down the steps.

“Good,” he replied walking to the front door and pulling it open. “Let’s get moving then.”

“And what, show up at the house early? It hasn't even been an hour yet.” Still I followed him to the front door and left the house.

“I know, but you could be the good Alpha who shows up earlier than he’s supposed to.” Derek laughs.

“Or, in Lucas's head I would be the creepy supposed mate who just shows up to their house.”

“Exactly,” Derek said and I rolled my eyes.

It took only about five minutes to walk down to the house our guests would be staying at, and another minute for one of them to answer the front door.

“Hello,” Kiana said with a smile on her face. She was mostly staring at Derek.

“Good Morning, Kiana,” I said back, before Derek had a chance to say anything to her. She looked at me like she’s noticing me for the first time, before turning back to look at Derek.

“What can I help you with?” she asked.

“Are you guys almost ready to leave?” I asked. I really didn't like it when she acted like I didn't exist. To be honest, I didn't like it when anyone acted as if I didn't exist, but instead of yelling and putting her in her place, I let it go.

“Yeah we are,” she replied.

“Kiana, stop being rude and invite them inside,” I could hear Lucas and Steve say in unison in the background. The two of them were in their separate rooms—I guessed—considering neither of them could be seen, but they could still hear the conversation going on from downstairs.

“Oh yeah, sorry. I forgot,” she said quickly covering up her tracks. “Please come in.” Then she moved to the side allowing Derek and I into the house.