Hyerin shook her head at his nonsense before handing the bills to the vendor. “Please just stop talking,” she sighed.

“It’s true! I mean, I know there’s something going on between you and Baekhyun but man, this is really different Hyerin,” he said. “The way you look when you’re with Kyungsoo…it’s really different, I can’t even explain it. I mean, I know you guys fight and shit but it’s just different.”

Hyerin blushed as she took her change from the vendor. She hurriedly pulled Tao with her to leave.

“You’re crazy,” she said.

“You are too. You’re crazy, Hyerin,” he said, winking at her, “crazy in looove!”

“Fuck off!” she exclaimed, hitting him with the plastic bag in her hands. He easily dodged it, laughing as he did so.

Hyerin eventually joined Tao in his hysterical laughing, but it all ended too soon when the people in the market went from talking loudly amongst each other to just settling with whispering. At first, they thought it was because they were being too loud, but realized that it wasn’t them that was the problem.

“What’s happening?” Hyerin wondered.

“I don’t know,” Tao mumbled, looking around them. “Everyone seems to be looking towards that end of the market.” He pointed to their right, where everyone was on their toes to take a look.

Hyerin’s brows furrowed, sauntering towards the commotion. She stood on her tiptoes to see better to no avail.

Luckily, Tao followed and stood behind her to see what the whispering was all about. At first, he didn’t see anything out of the ordinary – just a bunch of nosy locals trying to see what was up – when his sharp eyes caught a lone figure hundreds of feet away from where they were standing.

Bald head, tan skin, inhumane rippling muscles, dark cunning eyes. Tao almost forgot how to breathe.

“Oh shit,” he cursed in disbelief. “This is not fucking happening.”

Hyerin frowned at him. “What is it? What did you see?”

Tao turned to her with bewildered eyes. “It’s Durus,” he said. “Durus is here.

Hyerin swallowed, feeling a surge of fear for the first time in a long while. “What the hell is he doing here? Is he alone?”

Tao ran a hand through his hair. “I don’t know but we have to get out of here right now or else we’ll blow our cover,” he said, pulling her away to the opposite direction. “C’mon, let’s go,” he whispered.

Hyerin covered the lower half of her face properly with her scarf as they hurriedly walked away from the crowd. They slipped into a two-way alley – a shortcut they got used to using around the area – when another familiar figure emerged at the other side of the alley.

A night crawler.

Hyerin and Tao stared at the creature in horror as it let out a loud, high-pitched noise at the sight of them before charging towards their direction.

Hyerin didn’t wait for the crawler to come any closer. With one swift motion, her hand made its way to her waistband where a pistol was hidden securely. She shot the night crawler precisely on the head before running to the opening to escape.

“Let’s go!” she exclaimed while Tao followed closely behind her.

They turned a corner, never stopping for anyone or anything.

“Durus probably already knows we’re here because of that stupid night crawler!” Tao exclaimed as they were running. “What the fuck do we do?”