State of Dreaming

Hyerin silently watched as the boys rushed in and out of their bedrooms, carrying their heavy luggage to the living room to make it easier for them to bring the bags when they leave for the airport. Today was the day the six of them were flying to Hong Kong and, honestly, she was quite nervous about it.

Her hands reached up to clutch the front of her shirt, nails digging into the fabric where her heart's supposed to be. All her life she thought she was normal; never did she imagine that something like this would happen to her.

There was nothing there. There was neither the feeling of calm vibrations in her chest nor the sound of gears whirring along with it. It made her wonder if her father was lying and if he wasn't, was it worth it?

Was she worth it?

"Hyerin, it's time for us to leave."

She looked up, watching as Chen carried two bags in his hands.

"Okay." She stood up from the couch. "Are you guys all set?"

"Yup. We have to be at the airport three hours before boarding so we better leave now," Lay said, glancing at his watch. "Also, Agent M is going to meet us there so we're kind of rushing right now."

"Alright. You guys know what to do when you get there?" Suho asked, squeezing the back of Kris' neck in reassurance.

"We got it all planned. There's really nothing to worry about us, what's important is you guys." Kris raised a brow. "Make sure to be extra careful here."

He nodded. "Right."

"Alrighty!" Xiumin exclaimed, clapping his hands. "Let's get going then. We'll be back in a couple of days. Oh, and don't worry about school. Suho took care of it already."

With that, everyone greeted each other farewell – hugging and patting each other's backs while exchanging words of luck. 

Hyerin was in the middle of hugging Lay goodbye when she caught Baekhyun's eyes on her, a grim but unsettled expression gracing his handsome face. It made her feel uncomfortable yet she couldn't help but feel worried for him and what he and the others might stumble upon in Hong Kong.

She decided to look away, but not before catching the two words Baekhyun inaudibly said.

"Be careful," he mouthed.

"You, too," she whispered back, ignoring her own anxiousness. She was still upset with him, but not really angry anymore. Besides, what was there to be angry about? That was his decision and she was going to respect that.

A hand on her shoulder made her break the eye contact with Baekhyun. She turned around, facing Kai who was clad in a duffle jacket.

"Hey," he muttered quietly, giving her a small cautious smile.

"Hi," she said, watching as he slipped on his backpack. "Ready to leave?"

"I'm all set." He shrugged, adjusting his cap. "What about you? Are you sure you're okay here?"

"Yeah, I have the others to accompany me. There's really nothing to be worried about." She looked down on her shoes before glancing back up at Kai, lightly punching him in the shoulder. "Take care of yourself, alright?"

"I can say the same for you. Always keep your eyes open," he said, raising a brow. "How are you by the way? I didn't get to ask you how you're holding up after what happened with Baekhyun." His eyes imperceptibly darkened before returning back to normal.

She shrugged. "I'll be alright," she said. "It's just a boy. I'll get over it."

He shook his head. "He should pay for what he did. That son of a bitch should go to hell."