The Mistletoe

After so many years Draco should already know that he shouldn't piss Pansy off, but, since he doesn't now he had to suffer the consequences.

It was the week before Christmas break and Pansy was feeling extra inspired by the holidays when she decided to point her wand at Draco and now he had to walk around with a mistletoe hovering above his head.

"What do you mean this will only go away once I kiss the person I love?"

"I mean exactly that, darling" she smirked. "Next time, don't piss me off."

"But I don't love anyone" Draco tried.

"Shut up, Draco, if you didn't the spell wouldn't have worked."

She smiled at him and left him alone, in the Slytherin common room, with a mistletoe on top of his head.

***

When Draco got to the Great Hall the normal noise of the conversations faded. The Slytherins were smirking at him – Pansy had already told them everything, probably; the Gryffindors were trying not to laugh, but it wasn't really working; and the Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws were looking at him weirdly, but amused. Even the teachers were looking at him from the head table trying to understand what was in front of them.

Draco just raised an eyebrow, scowled and, with squared shoulders and head held high, headed to the Slytherin table.

"How are you, Draco?" Blaise smiled innocently.

"Good."

"When are you going to get rid of that?" Pansy asked and Blaise laughed.

"Shut up, you two."

That made Pansy and Blaise laugh even more and Draco asked himself the same question his friends had asked him before.

***

For the rest of the week Draco walked around with the mistletoe, since he didn't dare kiss the person he wanted to kiss.

"I can't believe you didn't get rid of that before the break" Pansy narrowed her eyes at him.

"I told you I don't love anyone."

"Shut up, Draco" she hugged him since the train was already ready to go. "We both know who you love."

"Goodbye, Pansy, Blaise is already waiting for you."

"Enjoy your holidays, darling."

***

Draco wasn't sure if he would enjoy his holidays. He was one of the five only Slytherins that were staying at Hogwarts for the holidays and the other four were all younger than him.

After supper, Draco went to the library wanting to, at least, study in the holidays since there wasn't much he could do. He was in the middle of a transfiguration essay when someone sat next to him.

"Whoever you are I'm not going to kiss you!" He said without looking up; he had already had some people going up to him offering a kiss because of the mistletoe.

"What makes you think I came here to kiss you, Malfoy?"

"What are you doing here, Potter?"

"I came here to study, hope you don't mind."

"Don't let me stop you."

They studied for some time, ignoring each other and focusing on the books and parchments in front of them.

"When is that going to go away?" Potter asked suddenly.

"What?"

"The mistletoe. It's very distracting."