John

John spent more time than he liked to admit think about what his soul mate would be like.

What color is their hair? What are their interests? Do they like sports, or do they prefer to read? What do they do? What will they think of me?

The final question, he knew was ridiculous; they'd love him just as he would love them. That was how it worked. The question was always nagging at his mind though. He was something of a romantic you could say. He liked the idea of lying around with someone. Cuddling with them on cold days and teasing, flirting like no one else was around.

He hadn't even met his should mate yet and he was enamored of them.

The time on his wrist said 30 years on his first day of medical school, and he wondered why he was one of the few that had to wait so long. He continually told himself that it would be worth it, eventually.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
•SHERLOCK•

It was the first proper case Lestrade had actually, legitimately, asked Sherlock to come to, and he was being harassed about his timer.

"FOR GODS SAKE" he shouted practically ripping his sleeve as he pulled it back down. "Yes I do have one. Yes it's functioning!" Anderson was sneering at him from a distance and he had half a mind to chin right then. "Jesus calm down Sherlock" Lestrade exclaimed holding his hands up defensively. "It's just- you know - a surprise, for you,"

"Not like I ruddy control wether I have one or not," the detective hissed absentmindedly rubbing his wrist. The rest of the people in the room glanced around awkwardly. Hands unconsciously touching the marks on their own arms. Lestrade kept eyeing Sherlock in a way he believed to be inconspicuous until Sherlock snapped and remarked, " is it proof enough?"
"Proof of what," Lestrade questioned confused.
"Proof to you and your team, that I am a human being. Even if I'd rather not be." Lestrades expression fell and looked away. Internally upset with himself. "How much time is left?"

"What's it your business?" Sherlock whispered.
The time jumped from 5 to 12 years yesterday afternoon and he berated himself for feeling anything by it.
_______________________________________________________________________________________