Chapter 26

Katie’s POV

I felt myself getting lost in his dark brown eyes while his light touch sent shivers through my body. I hadn’t seen him since I woke up in the hospital with him worrying about me. We had hardly texted throughout the weeks because I was too busy getting back together with Brian. Now that I was standing in front of Jeremy again I felt how much I had missed him. It felt like I was running into a brick wall.

“One day, you stopped texting me.” He whispered but I could still hear him over the blasting music.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered and held his hand to my cheek squeezing it lightly. Suddenly it was just us. The world around us stopped and the longer I looked up at him I felt a familiar feeling rise in the pits of my stomach; a feeling I had felt with one particular man before.

“It’s ok. You are here now.” He smiled softly at me, making me smile as well. “But …” He sat on one of the bar stools taking my hand. “What brings you here?” I leaned against the counter chuckling.

“The girls and I decided to have a time out from Huntington and Val found this article about this new hotel here so … we booked a suite and a plane and here we are.”

“Nice.” Jeremy nodded satisfied. “By the way, you look ravishing.” He winked at me, making me blush madly.

“Thank you.”

“Aw, you are blushing. That makes you even more gorgeous.” He chuckled and I slapped his arm.

“Would you stop it already?” I grinned but he suddenly turned serious again.

“No, Katie. I will never stop telling you how beautiful you are.” He really meant it; I could see it in his sparkling eyes. I was about to thank him again when someone cleared a throat next to us. When I turned towards that person I saw Val looking at me with burning eyes.

“Excuse me? What are you doing?”

“Err I’m talking to a friend of mine. Val, please meet Jeremy. Jeremy, this is Valary, Matt’s wife.” A little confused because of her attitude I introduced my friends to one another.

“Hi, nice to meet you.” Jeremy smiled at my best friend and held out his hand but Val just looked at it and then back to me.

“Pleasure. Now, didn’t you want to bring our drinks?” She said crossing her arms in front of her chest. Her behavior was so not her. Val was a sweet girl and always polite but right now she was a total bitch towards a very nice guy that I held very dear. It was probably the alcohol but it still annoyed me to no end. Nevertheless I tried to explain the situation.

“Well, yeah but then there was this guy who was super creepy. Jeremy helped me out and …”

“Good. But the guy is gone, isn’t he?” She cut me off, which annoyed me even more.

“Seriously, Val, what’s your problem?” I stood up straight towering over her but she was ignoring it completely.

“My problem is you obviously flirting with this … random guy when you have a boyfriend at home, who is one of my best friends, if you have forgotten.” My jaw literally dropped to the ground.

“I’m not … excuse me? Jeremy is no random guy. He is my friend!” I glared down at her.

“Woa, ladies, please …” Jeremy stood and tried to calm us down but Val shook his hand rudely off her shoulders and pulled me out of the restaurant, away from Jeremy.

The air outside was still warm and somewhat sticky from the traffic. A lot of people were wandering around, going to shows, admiring the lights or on their way to another club. It seemed like at night the city was even livelier than during the day.