9

Gabbie's POV

   I take a deep breath and knock on his door. I see the handle turn, in what felt like slow motion.

"Gabbie? What are you doing here?" He asks with a confused, yet disgusted look on his face.

"Hey David."

   "Why are you here?" He repeats himself.

   "Can I come inside? I need to talk to you."

   "I don't think that would be a good idea." He scratches his head.

   "Why? It'll take less than 10 minutes. I swear." I practically beg.

   "Fine, but can we just do this outside?" He steps outside his door.

   "Yeah whatever let's talk."

   "Ok talk then." He says as if he's aggravated already.

   "Ok." I clear my throat. "First off, I just wanted to apologize for acting crazy and screaming at you. I know that's not how you should treat good friends, let alone my best friend." I say thinking about how Liza must've felt. He just stays silent, waiting for me to continue. "And I must confess something. Something that has been on my mind for awhile now." I let out a deep sigh. I take a long pause to figure out how I'm gonna approach this.

   "Go on." He says nervously tapping his fingers on the railing.

   "I like you." It comes out as more of a question than a statement.

   "What?" He shakes his head.

   "Just let me explain." I clear my throat again. "So you know how you came to my place last week and I told you about the Zane situation?" I stop to make sure we're on the same page.

   "Yeah but I don't understand what that has to do wi-

   "Just stop. Can you let me explain? Please? And then you can say whatever you want." He nods.

   "Ok like I was saying, you came over and I told you that I like Zane. But I also told you I like someone else and that I was conflicted. That other person was you." I say and it feels like there has been a gigantic weight lifted from my chest. "And that's why I went off on Liza."

   "You went off on her? Why would you do that?" He yells and I am a little taken back. Obviously he is oblivious to the little argument I had with Liza.

   "Because I was jealous." I yell a bit as well. "It's just that I saw you guys watching the movie, all cuddled up and I guess I was just mad that I don't have that." I frown because I realize that is no excuse. He just looks at me in disbelief.

   "I think you're apologizing to the wrong person. I accept your apology, but it's just kinda weird to know you like me to be honest."

   "Yeah it must be." I scratch the back of my neck.

  "David I've been-" she pauses once she sees me. "waiting for you."
"Um hey Gabbie." She puts on a smile, but I can see the hurt behind her eyes.

   "Hey. Do you think we can talk? Please?" I ask feeling the guilt.

   "Yeah, sure." She shakes her head, walking out of his place. I wait for her to completely stop moving before I start.

   "I just needed to apologize for last night. The reason why I got triggered was because I may have liked David. Remember last week at my place how I told you I liked Zane and another guy you don't know. Well the guy was David, and I didn't wanna tell you because I didn't want you to distant yourself from him for me. And just seeing how fast you two bonded and formed a connection just kinda made me upset in a way. But I realized that David and I are better off as friends. And that I'm sorry, for last night. And leaving you at the party. For everything." I state waiting for a response.

    "Oh we're not, we're just friends." She stutters.

   "It's ok. I don't care anymore if you guys like each other, that's fine. I have Zane. I just hope that you both except my apologies and we can just forget about last night, and everything can go back to normal." I say and walk back to my car, leaving them speechless.
----------------------------------------------
A/N:
Hey!!! So sorry for not updating Saturday, I suck at updating if you couldn't tell. But I will get better. I know there's a lot of Gabbie in the story so far, but I promise that the next chapter is going to be about David and Liza. So if you guys liked this chapter please vote and comment because it really helps!!!
-BYEEEEEEEE💞✌️