#16: Animals Are Reserved Only for Kid's Books

By now, most tweens and teens should be familiar with the terminology furry.  According to what society has dictated, a furry is anyone who likes reading books or watching shows with humanoid animals in it.  This behavior is seen by many as childish, with most depicting these people in our society as weird or sexual towards humanoid creatures.  Worse, even reading a book focused on animals can easily get you the degrading symbol, if you happen to be over the age of thirteen.  The term of furry is not only degrading to those who love animals but is a cliché, one that needs to end.

  If by any chance you want to include talking and walking animals in your fantasy story, I say go right ahead.  Even though at first glance it may seem strange and a death note to any fan base you planned on forming, it is actually the more original decision.  By using animals instead of humans, messages that would be uncomfortable using humans can be displayed for the world to see.  People can learn the dangers of communism through the tale of Animal Farm, where the animals slowly become more human through their misdeeds.  Lessons such as overdone ambition, never letting go of the past, or even the amount of power we should give our world leaders can be safely displayed through the basic forest cat in the Warriors series.  Heck, a story about life and death can also be depicted, such as in the classic novel Charlotte's Web.

  As for the humanoid variant, is it strange that no one complains about werewolves?  After all, the definition of the word clearly means man wolf.  Why can werewolves get all the love while regular humanoid animals do not?