I was surprised at her sudden question I did not know what to say. I took a deep silent breath before I began. "I believe that he is very brave for bonding with dragons. While, others believe dragons to be monsters, he sees something else in them. If you wish to please him, I would suggest that you would try and bond with one of his dragons."

"What of himself?"

"I believe he is very handsome and would make a fine king and husband to you."

"You have given me a way to his heart and you hold a good opinion of him. Perhaps I have underestimated you, Slave."

"Thank you, Princess." I said, bowing to her.

She dismissed me and I went back to my bedroom to try and make Shifter happy again. The last thing I said to him was out of anger and I did not want him to resent for it. I opened the door to my bedroom and Shifter was still there. He still his head down on the bed and had the saddest look in his eyes and I sat on the bed with him.

"Shifter...I'm sorry." I said, petting him. "I had work to do and I did not want you to get hurt. They threatened you and I did not want to put you in danger. Can you forgive me?"

He looked up at me and he still had the saddened look in his eyes. He moved closer to my leg and started purring. I hesitantly picked him and set him on my lap. He continued to purr and rubbed his face in my stomach. I felt hot tears of shame and sadness swell in my eyes. I felt sorry that I had yelled at him and wanted to make it up to him.

"Shifter, at dinner you can have all of my meat. Does that sound good?" He perked up and gave a happy chirp.

"I thought that you would want that, you bottomless pit." I told him.

I set him on my shoulder and started for the dining hall. I took my place and waited for the princes to arrive. The princes had still not arrived when the princess entered. Lucinda started serving her food, leaving the Dragon King's and prince's plates covered. Shifter was starting to get excited by the smell and sight of meat.

"Easy, Shifter." I whispered to him.

The Dragon King entered, but his brother did not follow him. He sat down to the princess's left and uncovered his plate. A large slab of meat with vegetables surrounding it sat atop the fine golden plate.

"Why is there a twenty ounce steak on my plate?" he asked.

"I am trying to fatten you up, so you do not try that flight suit of yours again."

"Now really, Lucinda, you saw how I handled the flight suit. I've mastered the physics of flying and it is perfectly safe."

"I am still trying to stop you from flying again."

"Lucinda, you said the same thing when I tried flying with Aliquid for the first time and you adjusted to it. This is no different."

"Flying with a dragon is different than flying without a dragon." the Dragon King smiled and shook his head as he cut his steak in half.

"My flying is nothing to worry about, Lucinda. I think there is a bigger chance of Alec killing me than my flight suit malfunctioning." He said, chuckling at his own dark humor.

"Save the jokes, Scott." the princess said. "Lucinda only worries for you since you are the heir to this kingdom."

"I'm not the only heir." He told her, frowning slightly as he finished cutting the steak in half. "Shifter, dinner." He tossed the large piece of meat across the table. Shifter became very excited and jumped off my shoulder, running to the slab of meat and attacking it with his sharp teeth and claws.

A Slave to the Dragon Kingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें