V-Denial

Ignis Draconis Caslte

Guest Suite

Amber

"Finally. I thought you were never going to come back." princess said, bitterly.

"I had trouble having my dragon stay put, princess." I told her.

"It is not your dragon. As I said earlier, the dragons belong to Scott. Not you."

"Yes, my princess." I nearly whispered, lowering my head.

"Now, wash my dresses, iron them, and put them away, neatly." She ordered.

"Of course, your highness." I said.

I started gathering the princess's dresses and brought them to the wash room. Jill accompanied me and told me where the dress were to be washed and ironed. I had to keep in mind that some of the tubs of hot water were full of dye and I did not want the dresses to be soiled by the dyes. Jill helped me until she thought that I understood the clothes-washing process. She left and I had to do the chores on my own.

The wash room smelt of a strong mixture of soap and dye. It was so strong that I had to step out of the room for a few minutes for fresh air several times. Just when I thought I was done, another slave brought in a stack of new dresses to be cleaned. After she left, I let my jaw drop. Was the princess trying to make my life more miserable than it was?

After the dresses were finally washed, ironed, and dried the only thing to do left was to put them away. The only problem was that there were too many to carry at once. I have never thought that someone could own so many dresses. Even before I became a slave, I had never owned so many dressesas the spoiled princess seemed to have. I made many trips to and from the princess's room, putting her dresses away with great care. Looking out the window, I saw another dragon flying. This one was a bright yellow and blue. Lightning crackled between it's wings.

"Be careful, Slave! Those dresses are worth more than you." I heard the Princess's voice. She was beginning to irritate me.

I quickly back to my work and carefully continued to put the dresses away. While I did, the princess looked out the window at the dragon.

"When I am queen, I will rid this kingdom and the land free from the dragons." she said.

"Pardon me, your highness, that wouldn't that make Prince Scott angry?" I asked.

"Listen very carefully, Slave. He will learn to adjust to them being gone. He will have his mind on the kingdom, the village, and most importantly...me."

"He asked you to marry him, princess?" I asked.

"Not yet, but I suspect that he will soon. I wish he would."

"What else do you wish of him, your majesty?" I asked, curiously.

"Oh, I wish he would stop playing with his dragons. I wish he would stop endangering his life trying fool experiments such as that flight suit. I wish to please him. I also wish to carry his child one day." she finished placing a hand on her abdomen.

I turned to her surprised when she said she wanted to bear his child. "Carry his child, princess?"

"Oh, yes, Scott will make a wonderful father one day. He will always be a great king and husband."

"And if he were in love with another?" I asked, fearful that I was treading on thin ice asking so many questions to the princess.

"That depends on who she is. Though I doubt that Scott would meet another woman since he spends his days with his dragons. Slave, what is your opinion of Scott?"